A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join this theatrical design and production company and take the lead in running their 14,000 sq. ft. workshop and yard production space.
This family-run business produce and deliver a diverse range of sets and props for events, product launches, exhibitions, sampling campaigns and experiential marketing projects with high levels of customer service and quality finishes. Their in-house services include event design and production, project management, spray finishing, sewing and costume, operations, logistics and storage.
As the Workshop Manager you will be responsible for the full end-to-end production build for all projects - taking the lead on production builds from brief through to delivery.
Objectives and Requirements:
- Maintain and organise the workshop space, woodstore, outside yard and storage containers
- Man management experience will be needed in order to oversee the team in the workshop along with a sub contract production team which can vary in size from 1 to 20, depending on each project
- A theatrical or exhibition background would be useful as you will need knowledge of production for a broad range of sets, props, joinery and modular units
- A friendly, respectful and accommodating personality will suit the culture of this company
- As this is working with the ever-changing needs of brands you will often be working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Experience with software including AutoCAD / SketchUp would be an added benefit
- Qualifications or experience in health and safety compliance and buildings maintenance would also be an added benefit but is not essential