As the Lead Digital Designer, you will report into the Senior Digital Content Manager and be responsible for all design pertaining all of my clients online presence, which spans internationally websites. You will be in charge of managing a team of Designers, and work closely with content, creative and development teams, all of which sit in-house, with tangible experience of designing for web on a responsive website, across multiple channels and touchpoints. You will be an accomplished individual with excellent organizational skills, and be passionate about what you do. Your portfolio will be bursting with high quality UX examples, wireframes and designs that showcase your technical ability and understanding of responsive wireframes and design principles.
- Own the design and development of responsive HTML web pages from homepage through to checkout.
- Create engaging layouts for content across the website, external communications and creative projects, working closely with the Global Head of Art Direction to maintain brand coherence.
- Ownership of the evolution of site UI kit, and ownership of the re-branding of global sites
- Development of site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriting team, creative studios and developers.
- Aiding in post-production of images and videos for online and print.
- Suggest creative solutions to website challenges, including but not limited to driving engagement with content, conversion and brand experience.
- Input into site navigation and strategic plans for future growth.
- Liaise with developers to create a pipeline for website modifications and improvements, working with and inputting into the business roadmap.
- Ownership of all digital design & FE development resource and process, including prioritisation, expectation management and communication of deadlines and ETAs across departments.
- Ownership of the design of all digital projects pertaining to all global sites, working to the Digital Content and Development Roadmaps.
- Manage the Digital Design and Development resource and coordination of all content assets and design resource, ensuring all tasks are logged and managed efficiently.
- Develop and test new and existing website strategies, and identify any technical problems.
- Review competitors and keep up-to-date with the latest web design trends to constantly improve the look and feel of the website.
- Lead and own all assigned projects, making sure they are delivered both on spec and of the highest quality.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THE ROLE?:
- Responsible for championing a mobile first approach to everything the creative team do
- Practical, commercial experience in UCD-driven UI design
- Strong background in e-commerce and website architecture
- Portfolio must demonstrate exposure to retail/fashion industry
- Strong understanding and awareness of Accessibility
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mobile, iOS, Android and responsive web platforms
- Experience of email design best practice
- Comfortable managing and mentoring more junior members of the team
- A good understanding of trends in photography, fashion, music