Graduate to Middleweight Interior Designer
A luxury developer has an opportunity for a graduate-to-middleweight to join the team to assist the head of design on residential schemes. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast paced environment and be hands on throughout the entire design life cycle.
- Helping the head of design in managing briefs and prepping work.
- Working on a variety of tasks to a set time scale and budget.
- Tweaking existing information (plans / drawings / visuals) using the relevant software.
- Physically going out sourcing materials across London.
- Internet-based research sourcing images, materials, products, etc.
- Compiling mood and concept boards.
- Speaking / meeting with various suppliers, manufacturers, tradespeople to understand their product, costs, obtaining samples, swatches, etc.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the head of design.
Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Demonstrable passion for interior design and architecture is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate at all levels in a variety of settings including a corporate environment and construction environments.
- The successful candidate must be technically minded with a positive can-do attitude.
- The individual must be highly organised, adaptable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritise own work. Committed to completing tasks and following through.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be committed to completing tasks and following through.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with the assigned team,
- Fully fluent with AutoCAD, Photoshop and Microsoft Office packages.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work on a wide range of residential schemes whilst building an excellent knowledge of the property market. If you're seeking a new challenge with top benefits, then please get in touch with your CV and portfolio.