Brand Director, Europe
Brand Director, Europe
We're looking for an outstanding marketing leader to help us get innocent into the hearts, minds and fridges of another 10 million new drinkers.
What you'll be doing
innocent's Brand Director, Europe leads communication, creativity and consumer insight for innocent across Europe - partnering with a talented direct team in London, regional teams across Europe, and brilliant agency partners.
We are already well on the way from being the UK's favourite little smoothie brand to being Europe's favourite little healthy drinks brand - with major operations across Western Europe and a range that spans smoothies, juices, coconut water, dairy free, gazpacho and more. To continue our impressive growth we want to unleash the full potential of the iconic innocent brand through communications and creativity.
This role reports to the innocent Group CMO, and carries leadership responsibility for comms, creative and insight across Europe - which includes our internal creative team of 15 and our agency partnership.
Additionally this role leads the European Marketing Leadership Forum (which comprises the Heads of Marketing across our regional businesses, the Head of Creative and the Head of Innovation) and leads 3 year brand planning within the Group Marketing team. The role is based at Fruit Towers in London, with monthly travel to our European regional offices and additional travel linked to comms development.
We'd love to hear from marketing leaders with these skills and experience:
- Highly skilled at building inspiring creative visions that transform commercial growth and brand equity of major FMCG/consumer brands
- Leads creative work that drives tangible business and brand growth, excites consumers, and displays a sense of creative flair and bravery that elevates it beyond the expected.
- Able to lead design projects that stir emotions and elevate the brand above the functionality and general noise of the grocery aisle.
- Skilled at distilling and communicating brand equity & communication strategies simply and compellingly to both marketing and non-marketing audiences.
- Track record of building winning comms teams and agency partnerships. Attracts the best marketing talent and agency creative talent.
- Curious about new communication and design ideas and new ways to improve the consumer experience. Passionate about developing the skills of the team.
- Skilled at leading teams across multiple countries - and specifically at unleashing the full power of central creative ideas with locally-resonant activation.
- Skilled at operating within a process-light environment. Relishes the freedom to shape the future. Adaptable in leadership style - knows when to be directive, when to influence, when to partner, when to coach.
- Financially literate: Know how to impact the P&L through brand communications - and how to measure and optimise return-on-investment of comms and media.
As a senior leader within innocent you will help us to keep doing business the right way - keeping innocent one of the Sunday Times Best Places to Work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities in the UK and across Europe as well as a competitive rewards package. We also have some great clubs, a free breakfast and as many smoothies as you can shake a stick at. Take a look at our reward page for more details.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. You'll need to get your skates on though, as applications close on 14th October
Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don't have to. We're all about being healthy and happy here at innocent so we're open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it's good for you, then it's good for us.
No agencies please.