Trustee - PR and Communications
3 days left
- Part Time
IT'S A STATE OF MIND - Do you have what it takes?
Trustee - PR and Communications
Location - Flexible
Unremunerated- Expenses paid
The Royal Marines Charity is the Corps' own charity for Royal Marines and the extended Corps Family, where Cadets, the serving Corps, veterans, and families are supported through life.
The Charity is in a strong position financially and is at a very exciting point in its history. The Royal Marines Family is now looking to consolidate to deliver one unified Corps Charity. This will be completed through a merger with the Royal Marines Association (RMA), and will provide even greater clarity as to how help and assistance can be sought, providing a one stop shop for through life support.
As they approach this new stage in the Charity's development, the Board is seeking to appoint a Trustee with an outstanding background in PR and Communications. The appointee will further develop the strategy, team and marketing and communications function so as to ensure a secure future for the support given to those who continue to put their lives on the line for our nation and their families who face the challenge of supporting them.
The Commando Spirit and Values are a cornerstone of The Royal Marines Family. It forms an unbreakable thread through everything we do
Commando Spirit: Courage - Determination - Unselfishness and Cheerfulness.
Commando Values: Excellence - Integrity - Self-Discipline and Humility
The Commando mindset is to be the first to understand: the first to adapt and respond; and the first to overcome.
Do you share our spirit and values and do you have the right state of mind?
The role and responsibilities of a Trustee are extensive, with the main aim of ensuring The Royal Marines Charity has a strategy with a clear and appropriate sense of direction, operating within all the relevant external regulations and governance.
Main Duties and responsibilitie
- Provide senior PR and communications expertise, advice and direction to the Board and staff to meet the strategy of the Charity and key engagement / fundraising targets
- Sit on the board of Trustees and the Fundraising, Marketing & Communications sub-committee.
- Oversee the efficient and proper use of funds and resources, with particular reference to PR and Communications activity.
- Ensure the Charity complies with all relevant national legislation and charity determined policies and processes, with particular regard to marketing laws, GDPR and best practices in communications.
- Develop and agree investment and financial strategies which reflect the needs of the charity in relation to marketing, PR and communications activity.
Potential candidates for this unique opportunity will be highly experienced and successful PR and Communications professionals from either the private or public sector. You will identify with the values and principles of the charity and really want to be part of making a genuine difference to the beneficiaries of the charity. You will be a genuine team player who enjoys working collaboratively and with other stakeholders. The Charity is happy to look at both experienced Trustees looking to expand their portfolio or those seeking their first Trustee appointment.
The Royal Marines Charity is an equal opportunities employer. Please feel free to contact our retained consultant - Simon Bell via the Apply button or call 07766 714 951 for an initial discussion.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 19th of October 2018.
Apply for Trustee - PR and Communications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly