Multiple Roles - Senior Product Manager & Product Manager
- Broad Role within a Fast Paced Growing FMCG Business
- Great Opportunity to Develop your Career
About Our Client
After a business acquisition and office relocation Michael Page have partnered with Sherwin Williams in the hunt for two marketing professionals, a Senior Product Manager and a Product Manager. These are fantastic opportunities to grow and develop your career in a fast paced, innovative and results driven business.
Sherwin Williams is the largest paint and coatings manufacturer globally. With a diverse group of market leading brands the business develops, manufactures and distributes various paints, coatings and related products. With massive consumer presence globally and household brand names such as Ronseal & Valspar, they offer a great opportunity to grow and develop your career while working on an impressive portfolio of consumer & trade brands.
The Product Manager will manage specific Valspar product categories. The PM must assess voice of the consumer to determine white space and growth opportunity and needs of the business in terms of manufacturing capability, gross margins and profitability. In this role, the PM has primary responsibility for product development, positioning and life cycle management. The PM must work cross-functionally with respective Brand Marketing, Sales, R&D and Operations teams to ensure successful planning and execution of all programs. Accountabilities include strong cross-functional collaboration, new product development, existing product improvements, process management, strategy development and business partnership.
The Product Manager's responsibilities will include:
- Manage and execute all aspects of product management including competitor analysis, product life cycle management, product cost control, new product development and product set up
- Be the expert of the product categories and the key internal "go to" authority
- Closely monitor competitor ranges, strategy, pricing architecture and strengths and weaknesses
- Work with US consumer team to look for efficiencies of formulas and products across markets
- Utilise the corporate new product process consistently to demonstrate leadership to others
- Create and maintain product labels ensuring regulatory compliance
- Analyse retailer sales data (EPOS) and market data (GfK) and report monthly
- Partner with Brand Managers, Consumer Insights and R&D to analyse consumer trends, techniques, product categories and geographies to help identify trends and future sources of growth
- Liaise with Consumer Relations on product quality issues and offer assistance as needed working with the US quality and R&D teams
- Proactively maintain all Valspar Consumer Europe websites to ensure accuracy of product information
- Assist with product training both internally and externally
- Support sales teams by presenting product related strategies and plans to key accounts
- Develop excellent working relationships with key individuals and groups and ensure that communication and processes are open and efficient
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for someone who will bring passion and energy into a broad role with the spirt to "move things forward" You'll ideally display:
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree preferred
- Proven progressive experience in marketing
- Knowledge of retail accounts, brand management and sales a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to present in front of groups
- Team-oriented, strong organisational skills, adaptable
- Highly collaborative, yet able to function independently
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership and spirit to "move things forward"; able to maintain composure and a positive attitude in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent business acumen, strategic thinking and analytic ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- 5-15% travel required
What's on Offer
Sherwin Williams are offering the opportunity to join a growing business and work on market leading brands. They are providing autonomy and the chance to progress your career in a fast paced environment.
Both Product positions are full-time permanent opportunities which will be based in their office at Winnersh Triangle near Reading, with occasional travel required.
Sherwin Williams have a great team, benefits package and will offer a competitive salary for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply or contact Leslie Davies at Michael Page on 01189 559588
Ref Code: MPMI13946129Z