Marketing Analytics Consultant
You will be an innate problem solver with experience of working across multiple locations at once. You will be well versed in defining problems and providing methods to solve them. You will have really strong stakeholder management experience across multiple markets and will be familiar with a marketplace setting.
Your ideal experience and skills include:
- Demonstrable experience in an analytical role with mostly Marketing focus
- You are able to clearly understand the marketer's perspective and problem, be a thought partner to identify potential solutions, derive valuable insights and communicate actionable recommendations in a succinct manner
- You are able to slice big projects into smaller pieces and effectively communicate with a diverse set of people to achieve the right outcomes as quickly as possible
- You can work effectively in a globally dispersed and decentralised team
- You have a pragmatic approach and know when a topic requires 100% and when 20% is sufficient
- You have strong skills in data retrieval (e.g. SQL, R or Python) and a good grasp of statistics
- You are able to prepare data in tools such as Excel or Tableau, extract business relatable insights and visualise the result in easily understandable Powerpoint presentations
- You can communicate fluently in English in both verbal and written forms
- You should ideally have an educational background in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Information System studies, thus being competent in quantitative techniques and methods
About the role
This is a role that will take in the full 360 of marketing, looking at all channels and working towards optimising them all. Specific responsibilities include:
Marketing Analytics (80%)
- Understand the holistic Marketing picture and how every channel has an impact on the others as well as on the overall traffic and performance of the various sites and generate insights to get the most out of our Marketing spend.
- Support our Global Growth stakeholders sitting in London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Toronto, Cape Town and Sydney; help them to track and improve efficiency in Digital Marketing campaigns: Paid Search, Display, Retargeting, SEO and Paid Social.
- Prescribe insights based on performance. Ideate on opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness.
- Investigate potential strategic initiatives working alongside the marketing strategist and campaign managers.
- Train our stakeholders to use self-service analytics tools such as Tableau dashboards, manipulate data in Excel and modify/execute basic SQL queries
Tracking Standards (20%)
- Define tracking standards and best practices to be implemented globally and QA to make sure the implementation meets the specified requirements
About the client
This global well-known marketplace has an exceptional culture driven by remarkable teammates that are passionate about working together for their customers. There is opportunity for European travel and challenging, varied and interesting work with a high level of personal responsibility. They offer an excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility and the opportunity to shape Marketing Analytics within a global enterprise.