Production Manager - set and event design
This theatrical design and production company operates out of a 14,000 sq. ft. workshop near the Essex / Hertfordshire borders producing work for high profile brands and events. Their work includes sets and props for events, product launches, exhibitions, sampling campaigns and experiential marketing projects such as a 5m high giant lipstick, a billboard sized chocolate bar and a UK tour of experiential mud huts for a leading charity.
They are seeking a Production Manager to ensure that all their projects are delivered as designed on time and on budget and to enable production to improve and increase capacity through more efficient production processes.
This is a pivotal hands-on role managing a hardworking and committed production team. You will be responsible for the full end-to-end production for all projects - taking the lead on production and project management from brief through to delivery and working effectively with the client, production team and sub-contractors on a daily basis.
Person / Experience Required:
Candidates would ideally come from a proven theatrical or exhibition background and have experience in production management of a broad range of sets, props and modular units, from conception through to execution. Working with an adaptable, flexible, accommodating attitude is a must and understanding the ever-changing demands of high-end brands is essential.
Candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Experience in exacting manufacturing projects
- Experience in supervising and motivating a team of workers
- Good computer skills around MS office, AutoCAD skills an advantage but not essential
- Experienced in the planning and executing of projects based around strict budgets and deadlines
- Ability to deliver reports on scheduling and costs
- Monitoring of product standards and implementation of quality-control programmes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Driving and fork lift licence would be helpful but not essential