Marketing Executive - Groups, Trade, Promotions and Education
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL's mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Executive to help support the planning and implementation of marketing campaigns for ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. Significantly, this includes leading on marketing support for ZSL's community engagement and outreach programme.
This is a fantastic position for an individual passionate about animals and conservation looking for employment in an international organisation. You will have exposure to a variety of directorates and an ability to shape the voice of our brand. If you have the imagination to not only problem solve but to create new opportunities to support the Marketing department within ZSL, then we would love to hear from you.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Support ZSL's education marketing programme through effective media planning, creative development and stakeholder management.
• Develop and implement the marketing strategy for ZSL's community engagement and outreach programme (including the HLF Snowdon Aviary Restoration Project), including the identification and exploitation of appropriate channels, positioning, tone of voice and creative execution for the relevant audiences and activities - including internal communications to raise awareness of the HLF Project.
• Work closely with ZSL's Discovery & Learning team to maximise the impact of partnership marketing, especially through charity and community stakeholders.
• Lead the development of marketing materials to promote the community engagement and outreach programme, including supporting other ZSL teams with their requirements, managing a range of internal and external suppliers.
• Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, particularly the Community Engagement team and Communications colleagues, to ensure successful delivery of the marketing plan for the HLF project, including key milestones, appropriate reporting and influencing the future evolution of Project activities.
• Manage the pricing and distribution of tickets under ZSL's new Community Access Scheme, working with Discovery & Learning, Supporter Services and IT to efficiently allocate and distribute the free and subsidised tickets each year.
• Be an active member of ZSL's Access Steering Group, representing the Marketing team and championing the voice of the consumer.
• Support the Groups, Trade, Promotions & Education Manager with ZSL's trade partnerships, bulk ticket scheme, promotions and group sales.
• Be a champion for ZSL's brand and audience segmentation, helping other departments to understand its value and importance.
• Proven knowledge of Marketing and practical experience of developing marketing strategy and project management.
• Experience planning and implementing multi-channel campaigns. This should include offline and online media channels including print, DM, out-of-home, email marketing and PPC.
• Knowledge of visitor attractions (e.g. zoos, museums, galleries, heritage and leisure sites)
• Knowledge of commercial marketing and disciplines
• Experience developing creative and working with spreadsheets and databases is essential, as is a good level of numeracy.
• Experience of the charity sector is not essential however you must be genuinely excited by the prospect of joining a world leading conservation charity such as ZSL.
Please note: This is a full-time, permanent position based at ZSL main offices in Regent's Park, London. Whilst the role is based at London Zoo the functional nature of the job will require the post holder to also work at Whipsnade Zoo on a regular basis. You may also be required to work occasional evenings and weekends which can be taken back in lieu and carry out visits to external agencies, consultancies and organisations as and when necessary.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 23rd September 2018.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.