Head of Brand Development
What it's about
We are seeking a senior brand professional with a positive ‘can do' attitude to become our Head of Brand Development and lead the global development of our world-leading brand.
If you are seeking a challenge to build and develop a high performing global brand, the role of Head of Brand Development may be an exciting opportunity for you.
What you'll be doing
The job holder will:
- lead the development of the Cambridge English brand strategy and ensure consistent implementation of our values and brand promise, tone of voice, customer experience, visual appearance in all media, and use of product brands and trademarks by Centres and in partnerships
- lead the co-ordination of on-going review of brand strategy and work closely with the Head of Marketing Communications on implementation of Brand Communications Campaigns
- ensure that the customer experience lives up to the brand values and promise by ensuring key touch points for customers truly reflect our brand
- work closely with our legal team on brand protection and infringement matters
- ensure colleagues understand their role in representing the brand and are able to deliver it consistently
- support internal stakeholders, including the Marketing Communications team and our Global Network of offices (25 offices) to ensure that communications make good and effective use of the brand, including consistent implementation of guidelines
- create a means of measuring the impact of our brand and ensuring its on-going health
- track on-going brand sentiment and maintain and grow positive image (with Head of Market and Customer Insight)
- Maintain a close relationship with key partners, such as Cambridge University Press, to ensure any shared brand is consistently implemented and effectively governed
- provide strategic leadership to the brand development team to ensure it meets the business's requirements
- work closely with Head of Marketing and other team leaders in the Business and Marketing department to ensure budget is allocated to best meet the business's needs
- contribute to the selection and management of brand agencies, provide guidance during major campaigns and ensure impact of the brand is measured and communicated appropriately.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a digital-savvy Head of Brand Development with significant experience in brand management in an international environment. You are passionate about brands. You are determined, persistent and results-oriented, with a strong drive to achieve objectives. You have excellent relationship building, listening and influencing skills to take our brand to the next level. You demonstrate a high degree of organisational skill in project management and ownership in getting things done. You understand people and have solid experience in managing large-scale change management projects.
The role requires excellent people skills to liaise effectively across the organisation, influence and negotiate with senior management and manage the brand development team. It also requires a keen, intelligent mind which enjoys seeking out information, analysing it and making recommendations which drive the direction of the business.
Strong self-confidence and excellent influencing skills are essential, as are interest in the global education sector and attention to detail.
- Degree holder
- Relevant post-graduate qualification e.g. CIM qualification
- Experience of working in an international brand management environment.
- Proven track record of brand management.
- Project management experience within a formal project management methodology and of managing various projects.
- Experience of briefing and working with external suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure activities are on brand.
- Experience of engaging all stakeholders in change (desirable).
- Experience of working with senior-level stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 7 October 2018 and interviews will be held on 23 October 2018.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter.
If you're successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER