Mid-Senior Designer (branding + packaging)
Long established marketing company is looking for a mid-senior branding + packaging designer join their growing in-house design studio.
For many years this company has built an exceptional reputation which now sees it working with some of the worlds biggest food and drink brands.
Based in their Southwark offices you will work across exciting conceptual design, which will come mainly from NPD, rebrands and brand launches for some of the smaller, independent brands.
There will also be advertising campaigns for some of the bigger/more established brands as well as brochures, sales presentations and exhibition stands etc
The Creative Lead has the ability to think strategically and be a hands on designer to execute that thinking.
Be strategic: You bring your brain to the table as well as your awesome design skills. You understand how to use creative solutions to push the business forward and have the leadership skills to bring everyone along with you.
Be creative: You understand the power of product and brand and when and where to use big ideas. You have deep knowledge of the concept and execution of brand communications and how to collaborate with a cross-functional team to get this done. You know how to bring people along in your thinking and are always in ‘idea' mode
The right candidate must have
- Ability to work within the creative marketing team to develop ideas from initial brainstorm to print ready artwork.
- Strong understanding of brand identity, consistency and guidelines.
- Confidence to lead creative discussions and have a story behind the design.
- Willingness to work independently, leading creative projects as well as supporting the team through daily creative requests.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of both consumer marketing and design.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years studio experience (be it inhouse or agency) and have the following:
• Have a design related degree
• Have a strong portfolio showing examples of FMCG packaging, branding, marketing and advertising campaigns
• Fluent in the Adobe packages Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Good knowledge of typography
• Attention to detail
• Able to work on projects from initial concept through to artwork
• Strong project management skills - able to reach deadlines
• Able to brainstorm ideas and visualise new brands
• A knowledge of designing for digital platforms and being able to communicate your ideas to web developers
• Able to work to, and create, brand guidelines
• Illustration skills advantageous but not essential.
This is a great opportunity to work for a busy in-house studio who partners with favourite established brands but who also help new challenger brands launch into a competitive market.