Mid-Weight Retail Interior Designer
A globally recognized, multi award-winning company are now looking to hire a Mid-Weight Retail Interior Designer located in Leicestershire. The prestigious design studio specializing in all areas of Interior and Architecture work with a range of projects including retail, restaurant and workplace. The all-rounded company also specialize in Branding, Digital, Brand Communications etc and thoroughly enjoy and take pride carrying out several projects with the work they do.
Key Responsibilities for a Mid-Weight Retail Interior Designer:
- Working closely with the Creative Directors and Associate Design Directors to produce and inspire innovative creative solutions in line with the client's brief and commercial objectives.
- To continue to grow your skills and experience as a Designer.
- Maintaining an enthusiastic and positive attitude and approach to all work.
- To maintain a good working knowledge of the company, it's culture, processes and client portfolio.
- To remain aware of the commercial performance of the projects you are working on, ensuring that you work as a team to strive to achieve maximum profitability.
- To develop and maintain a good understanding of the general marketplace, consumer trends and related design trends in business and to share this with others in the team.
- To get involved in design projects as assigned, including initial briefings, storyboarding, concept creation and concept development.
- Attending client meetings and presenting your own work, answering any client questions about your own work to ensure they have clearly understood it. You must be prepared to travel, as necessary, for project related audits and/or presentations and you must ensure you conduct yourself professionally with clients always.
- To confidently communicate with clients and suppliers outside of meetings.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with everyone in the team, knowing who to go to at the appropriate stages.
- To effectively manage your own time, ensuring tasks are prioritized effectively to meet deadlines.
- To complete tasks within the allocated time or less, escalating any concerns to the Project Manager or senior team member in a timely manner to ensure client expectations are not jeopardized.
- To ensure your work is organized and filled appropriately on the system, so that others can access as required.
- To work alongside a more senior member of the team to resolve any problems that may arise, taking responsibility for resolving parts or taking on actions as agreed.
- Think ahead and pre-empt the next steps in the process without being directed. To demonstrate a good understanding of the impact of your involvement on a project and budget.
- To assist the Creative Directors in guiding and mentoring Junior Designers, where appropriate.
- Maintain a full working knowledge of the systems.
- Maintain a competent working knowledge of relevant software tools and to be prepared to learn other software as required.
If you are interested and would like to apply for the Mid-Weight Retail Interior Designer role, please apply online or contact Deborah D'silva.
Please ensure you have a CV and Portfolio attached to your application.