Lead UI Designer
Lead UI Designer | £55K + benefits | London
Our client is one of the world's leading news organisations. For over 100 years, they've been the gold standard in global news and information. They have a portfolio of award-winning digital products which include .com website and mobile applications on multiple platforms.
We are looking for a Lead UI Designer who can help to build on this success and play an active part in helping to question and shape the future of online content.
You will be responsible for shaping and directing the development of engaging and elegant user centered design across the digital products on desktop and mobile.
- Working across all areas of the digital products, with an initial focus on the responsive website
- Collaborating with the head of design to direct, guide and develop the design team
- Running and contributing to workshops, design studios and regular knowledge sharing sessions
- Producing high quality visual design outputs and contributing to the style-guide development
- Working alongside the research team, UX designers and getting involved with usability studies, testing and competitive reviews
- Creating relevant documentation if necessary, which may include style-guide or specification documents
Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience in digital design role, preferably in a publishing
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Experience as a design lead
- Working knowledge of web standards such as HTML5, CSS3, SVG
- Excellent organizational and presentational skills
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software such as Sketch and Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of prototyping tools and animation software
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please apply and include your portfolio if appropriate.
We consider every application and will get back to you with a decision as soon as possible.
NU Creative Talent and our clients value diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Lead UI Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly