We are looking for a front-end designer with a strong UI/UX focus, but also the ability to code their designs, to help work on a number of new and existing products, used by thousands of people every day. You will need to have a keen eye for interface design and a strong knowledge of design fundamentals generally, as well as a passion for creating amazing user experience's and solving complex problems with elegant solutions that prioritise clarity and purpose.
You'll also need to be comfortable writing high quality, semantic, modular, maintainable code - strong HTML and SCSS experience are a must. Experience with Git for version control, building or working within custom design systems and frameworks, as well as a good understanding of accessibility, responsive design and browser testing, are all things we'll be looking for.
As part of the design team you will need solid communication skills, the ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical people, as well as the capacity to work steadfastly under your own direction.
Much of the team work remotely but we do have an office in Stow-on-the-wold, Gloucestershire. There is the option to work in either environment but we do tend to meet up in Stow or London to catch up on projects on a fairly regular basis, so being within a sensible travel distance of either would be useful.
- Ensuring all our sites and tools have comprehensive, well maintained and consistent style guides and frameworks, component libraries, user stories and documentation.
- Designing and building new interfaces and improving/maintaining existing ones to meet ongoing internal and client needs.
- Translating illustrative designs in Sketch (and sometimes Adobe tools) to lightweight, scaleable, accessible, and sometimes animated, web versions.
Level and salary
- We're open to applicants with a variety of skill and experience levels.
- Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.
Apply for Front-end Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly