Category Manager - Branded Food Manufacturing
6 days left
- Full Time
Are you looking for your next career step on the Category Management ladder and looking to work towards a Senior Category Management position? If the answer is yes, then this could be the opportunity for you.
My client is a global food manufacturer with a stable of brands that you will be familiar with as a consumer. With an emphasis on continued innovation and quality added to them being the experts in the category, they are proud of their products and the growth that they have seen in the categories in which they operate.
We are now looking to strengthen their existing team with the addition of Category Manager to support the development and execution of the category strategy. It's a hands-on Category role that will offer the right individual the opportunity to develop their career and give you a level of autonomy and thinking that is rare in these roles.
What you'll be doing:
- Reporting directly to the Head of Category, you will work cross functionally with the innovation, commercial and marketing teams to drive category development opportunities across their accounts.
- Develop and influence the category agenda and strategy within your retailers.
- Create compelling recommendations for range reviews and drive actionable trade plans.
- Management of the data and insights to keep abreast of key trends and feed these back to the business.
- Build rapport and trust with your retailer and confidently present your findings and strategy.
Who we need to do the job:
- Ideally 2 - 5 years commercial experience, either from marketing or sales, within a branded FMCG environment.
- Educated to degree level or the equivalent.
- A demonstrable track record of success within a retailer account.
- Highly analytical and numerate.
- Experience of analysing data from Kantar, IRI and Dunnhumby and able to identify trends, present your conclusions and make recommendations towards the growth of the category.
- A strong relationship builder both internally and externally.
- The ability to influence others cross functionally.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- Well developed negotiating and influencing skills.
This is a rare opportunity to join this growing business and a real chance for someone looking to develop their category management career.
Apply for Category Manager - Branded Food Manufacturing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly