Truffle have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Copywriter to work for a young company with a bold and engaging brand. Working within a small team of creatives, writers and marketing professionals, you will be producing the full range of on and offline comms aimed at a very digitally and socially savvy young audience.
The day to day:
The Copywriter will write copy for recruitment materials, brand campaigns and media communications targeting 3 key audiences that have 3 very different tones.
1. Playful, chatty and engaging aimed a very social savvy teen market.
2. Informative, empathetic and conversational aimed at parents and those in education
3. All encompassing, broad and structured for sharing information to a wider audience and other businesses
This will then include copy for their website, CRM communication, stakeholder assets (political, education
and business sectors), internal communications, conference presentations, presentations and
speeches for the CEO.
What we need:
We are looking for an in-house Copywriter to operate within the Marketing team, but with responsibilities across the whole company. This needs a strategic individual who can translate consumer insight into powerful
messages and bring their personality to life in a tangible and meaningful way, whilst acting as brand guardian. You will need to be confident with creating, adapting and tailoring messages to very distinct audiences, often based on strategic rationale and research data. The Copywriter will interpret often complex Marketing strategies and recommend on engaging copy.
What do you need to fulfill this role?
• Significant copywriting experience either in-house or agency
• English university degree, journalistic experience or equivalent professional experience with varied portfolio of work matching responsibilities outlined above
• Experience of writing copy of a corporate nature
• Experience of, and proven success with, writing copy for consumer lifestyle brand(s)
• Experience of different writing styles
• A creative and strategic conceptual thinker who's comfortable working with a range of writing formats: from serious long copy to a witty one-liner
• A versatile writer who can connect with different audiences, with demonstrable experience of working for a youthful audience
• A strong proofreader with an impeccable standard of grammar
• A genuine passion for making a difference and an understanding of NCS
• A collaborative team-player who enjoys working with a range of creative people
• Ability to receive, interpret and act on feedback from various stakeholders
• A positive and conscientious self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Creatively curious and motivated to challenge themselves to deliver consistently strong work that is relevant to the audience
• Highly organised with an ability to prioritise and work to fast-changing and sometimes conflicting deadlines
All CVs must be accompanied by a portfolio and all applicants must have the right to work in the UK.