Middleweight / Senior Designer
We're an agile, tight-knit and growing agency expanding our creative team in Newbury. And we're looking for new designers to join our team.
Our agency is friendly, collaborative and social, where there is huge career potential. We are looking for someone with good all round experience, highly conceptual, full of ideas, enthusiasm and a passion for producing design that works for our clients. We want you to instantly feel at home in our team, the studio and feel at ease talking through your work with clients and colleagues. Our day to day work is varied; with brands & clients covering property, lifestyle, food & drink and sport (clients include Tottenham Hotspur, Wimpy Restaurants and a range London based property clients).
Apart from the obvious (good communicator, motivated, team player, not a complete plank), we're also looking for strong project management skills. Experience in handling projects from concept through to final artwork, ensuring that things stay on track and to the deadline is a must have. You will feel comfortable managing your own time and collaborating with others to get stuff done. You'll be design-curious, sharing things that have piqued your interest and want to work in a small, growing agency where you can have a real impact.
The important stuff...
What you'll have:
- At least 3 years' agency experience
- An impressive and detailed portfolio of work (Not "Oh, I did the icon in the corner of this layout")
- Great knowledge of Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop - ie. you'll confidently mask out a person from a background and prepare files for print/web)
- The ability to work at the fast pace of our agile studio
Bonus skills you might have:
- Experience of HTML5 front-end coding
- Experience of Adobe After Effects
What you'll get:
- Great job satisfaction (you'll own and work on a variety of design projects)
- Competitive salary and job progression as we grow further
- Pension contributions
- A decent annual birthday experience (including presents, cake, the occasional inflatable unicorn)
- Input into the studio's Spotify playlists (unless your music taste is questionable)
- Decent cups of tea/coffee (sometimes they'll even be made for you)