Senior New Business Manager
Senior New Business Manager - a leadership role for someone who ideally has experience with and an understanding of sustainability. Or a passion for this sector because this is what this communications agency specialises in.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining a constant pipeline of significant new business opportunities for the company.
You would be leading a team of two people. Both are tasked with generating meetings and openings and one is also focusing on marketing and research with responsibility for social media and event coordination.
The role covers four key areas of responsibility:
• Lead the agency's new business efforts through networking and cold calling
• Leading RFP qualification, team casting, critical review of responses and pitch shepherding
• Working alongside the consultants to develop marketing materials to drive reputation in market and create new biz opportunities
• Internal reporting and team management
This agency is the leader in the field of sustainability and communications working with clients in consumer, retail, tech, telecoms, sustainability and they are looking to grow more in Europe and North America.
Their marketplace is international - clients work in Africa, North America, across Europe and across Scandinavia.
Key areas of responsibility:
• sustainability strategy development
• creation of sustainability frameworks/plans - with goals, targets, processes and management disciplines to support
• senior management engagement/workshops
• sustainability and integrated reporting
• social media/digital strategy for sustainability, issues tracking and influencer engagement
• communications campaigns (consumer and other stakeholders)
• This person is likely to be in a senior business development role in either a leading agency or sustainability consultancy
• Someone seeking to take on new opportunities with a view to challenging and optimising existing process and ways of working
• An understanding and passion for sustainability is essential
• Can embrace a non-corporate, integrated agency environment
• Experience of working alongside and needing to drive other senior people (e.g. consultants who are often very busy people with less of a sales focus)
• Strong presentation, sales and facilitation skills
• Strong writing ability
• Flexibility for frequent travel
This is a highly reputable agency and you will develop and grow in your learning and career. We can't recommend them enough. The agency is about 70 strong and part of a global group of companies.