Head of Subscriptions
Head of Subscriptions
About the company
EMAP's purpose is to drive professional progress for ambitious individuals and companies in Fashion, Architecture, Health and Construction.
We unlock growth opportunities for our customers. Our unrivalled relationships with key decision makers give our customers essential access, insight and recognition. We deliver this professional advantage through award winning digital content, live events, intelligence services and learning tools.
Job Title: Head of Subscriptions
Reports To: Managing Director
Key Purpose: We are recruiting for a Head of Subscriptions to work on iconic brands such as Nursing Times, Local Government Chronicle and Construction News.
This is a very exciting role to work on brilliant brands with brilliant content. We are looking for a Head of Subscriptions to implement exceptional subscriptions marketing. There is real scope in the role to develop your own onboarding, engagement and renewal strategy. The very best and most successful subscriptions business have outstanding content and communications at the centre of everything they do. Someone with the right skills, experience and strategic values will be able to have a significant impact in the role. This role offers a real opportunity to make a difference, creating a centre of excellence for subscriptions marketing and revenue generation.
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience in subscriptions management. The role requires experience of improving renewal rates through behaviour led engagement marketing, generating new business through exceptional lead generation, revenue management and reporting and managing and developing teams.
If you are looking for an opportunity to create and build best in class sophisticated subscriptions marketing that delivers strong revenue growth, then this is the role for you.
- Manage your team to develop their skills and ensure the standard of operational and strategic marketing thinking is sector leading
- To improve individual and corporate renewal rates by developing and implementing a sophisticated and intelligent onboarding and engagement lifecycle campaign
- To generate significant new business subscriptions by developing effective data acquisition and conversion campaigns
- Achieve revenue goals and growth by delivering the required level of new business and renewal rates. Weekly revenue reporting and management
- Work closely with the editorial teams to build a compelling content marketing strategy
- Work with and support the corporate subscriptions sales team
- Manage the individual subscriptions sales resource
- Demonstrate strong customer, market and competitive focus. Identify the market intelligence needed to create and deliver plans, size opportunities and understand needs to drive clear and compelling business cases and marketing strategies across the brands
- Establish and develop clear brand propositions that flow through all subscriptions marketing activity
- Set the strategy, directions, objectives, and budgets. Then work with all relevant teams (data, brand marketing, sales, editorial, events marketing and customer service) to deliver excellent planning and execution. Focus on driving bigger, more impactful new business and renewal campaigns on key brands.
- Identify new subscriptions product and package opportunities
- Manage the subscriptions marketing budget for the portfolio, ensuring this delivers the required commercial results and ROI. This includes agreeing the brand budget; allocating budget and regularly monitoring spend vs. results
- Establish processes to develop clear value propositions, brand identity and personas for each key audience
Qualifications & Experience
- Considerable experience at managerial level in subscription marketing preferably b2b
- CIM qualification preferable though not essential
- Experience of managing small teams
- Experience of developing high profile brands with large subscriptions volumes and revenues
- Experience of operating in a matrix structure
- Experience of having built complex and effective subscriptions customer lifecycle campaigns that have improved renewal rates by increasing engagement
Skills & Competencies
- Robust strategic thinke
- Analytical, data-driven and highly structured approach to decision-making
- Customer-oriented, taking pride in exceeding customer expectations
- Excellent influencing skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - able to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Innovative and intellectually curious
- Highly proactive, initiating attitude - able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required, with the energy and tenacity to address bottlenecks and barriers
- Strong relationship skills - able to build and develop strategic working relationships across the business to facilitate the accomplishment of goals, leverage learning and share best practice
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.