Social Media Manager
We have an exciting opportunity in our Communications department for an experienced and passionate digital content producer to take the next step and become Social Media Manager for one of the world's leading sports franchises. We are aiming to set the standard in social media - and we are looking for the right candidate to deliver that ambition.
As the person responsible for the social media channels of Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport, you will be leading the content output of the world's top Formula One team. You will have the opportunity to engage and entertain an audience of over 15 million people across the world's leading social media platforms.
The successful candidate will be passionate about digital content, buzzing with new ideas and an enthusiastic follower of Formula One, who is able to translate the inside story of our challenge for the world championship into compelling content, in line with our brand values and those of our team partners.
Key accountabilities / duties include:
· You will be an active, engaged and enthusiastic lead content producer;
· You will deliver our tone of voice and brand values through our social content;
· Lead the creative process for content ideas for our social media platforms, including working with internal and external content producers across all media types;
· Responsible for growth of social media channels, included paid growth strategy where appropriate;
· Responsible for delivering engagement targets for social media channels;
· Responsible for development of integrated campaigns across social media platforms with multiple stakeholders for maximum coverage and engagement;
· Monitor latest social media trends and developments, to ensure the team's activities are leading edge and ahead of the game;
· Generate and implement key learnings from analytics to drive performance improvements;
· Delivery of partner digital rights on social media in coordination with the Head of Partner Communications and the Partner Services team;
· Act as expert consultant on social media to maximise partner value from the Team's social channels and partner's own channels;
· Coordination with Mercedes-Benz Marketing Communications to ensure alignment with overall company and brand strategy.
· Extensive understanding and experience of social media platforms;
· An experienced digital content producer who is fluent in video, photography and writing;
· A channel manager who has worked with major sports team or leading brands;
· Excellent inter-personal skills and strong team mind-set, including experience of working within a team of digital content producers;
· Line management experience an advantage;
· High level of Formula One knowledge and enthusiasm.
· Inquisitive, enquiring and positive mind-set;
· Ability to work independently with great attention to detail;
· A strong work ethic;
· Deal with change quickly and calmly;
· Languages an advantage, especially German;
· Flexibility in working hours and willingness to travel to Grand Prix and other events.
In return for your work and commitment, we offer a competitive package including bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, car lease scheme, 25 days holidays, subsidised restaurant and on-site gym facilities.