Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Contract: Permanent. Full Time
Scope of role:
Lead the development and delivery of marketing, promotional and communication strategies of the One City project and The City Centre through the management and integration of social media, the generation of unique content & events.
The City Centre is the place to come to learn about and debate the built environment of the Square Mile and home to the City of London's official architectural model. Through exhibitions, events and learning activity, The City Centre provides access to the City for professionals, the public and young people, helping to inform good decision-making and inspiring young people to engage with the built environment. It is managed by Pipers on behalf of the City of London Corporation.
One City is an all-inclusive guide to the Square Mile. From the latest pop ups to the newest restaurants. The project is delivered through a website, newsletter, multiple social channels and live events.
We are looking for a dynamic and sociable marketing and comms professional to promote the One City project and its various platforms.
In addition to the One City project your role will be to promote The City Centre as a visitor attraction and events venue. You will be developing content for all our platforms, engaging with our partners, helping us execute events, all while improving our online presence through key channels such as Instagram and Twitter. To thrive in this organisation, you will need to be enthusiastic, motivated and creative!
Due to the nature of the role and the industry, additional working hours may sometimes be required.
Main duties and responsibilities
Leading the One City and City Centre social channels, newsletters, websites and strategies to deliver high quality campaigns, online content and events.
Managing the Content Officer and Assistant for the project.
Building relationships with partners across the City.
- Review the current strategies and systems in place for One City and The City Centre
- Manage and create content where needed for social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and more).
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to edit images and create engaging video clips.
- Manage the documentation of food, art and music events in the City via Instagram stories and photography.
- Ensure content is timely and relevant to each platform ensuring optimal growth and engagement.
- Manage the creation of content for the One City and The City Centre websites.
- Ensure sites are up to date and relevant.
- Manage the One City blog and writers.
- Work with project partners to plan events and activities across the year including promotions and giveaways as well as bespoke installations and events on partner sites.
- Working with partners, promote events through external networks.
- Work with Eventbrite and Splash to plan events, reconnaissance and general customer service.
Research and development
- Develop relationships with cultural organisations across the City, local businesses/developers and various teams within the corporation to solicit content based on the varied programme of events and activities taking place.
- Monitor digital ad campaigns via Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
- Conduct Influencer research and outreach tasks.
- Undertake other research tasks as required e.g. new partnership opportunities, marketing platforms, benchmarking, professional networks etc.
- Liaise with Steering Group partners to setup quarterly meetings, manage the generation of papers, agendas and the Director's presentations for the meetings.
- Produce a monthly report for the One City core project team on targets for the year including follower growth and engagement.
- Monitor and respond to partner and collaboration enquiries via phone and email.
- Update and maintain mailing lists for different audiences.
- All other accompanying administration as required including; ordering materials and resources, updating budgets and processing invoices, write and send emails to partners and influencers etc.
- Update the One City LDN contacts database.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years working in a similar role.
- Events Management Experience
- Experience working with a range of both editing software, tracking and scheduling tools.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Digital Media/Marketing or related subject
- Experience of managing a small team
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and teaching skills.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms and content management.
- Good working knowledge of WordPress and Squarespace.
- Experienced user of Adobe InDesign, Premiere Pro and Photoshop.
- Photography, able to take professional images for publication online and in print.
- Experience writing articles and or copy
- Good time management.
- The ability to prioritise effectively, managing a busy diary and varied workload to meet demands and deadlines - multi tasking.
- High personal integrity, honesty, good timekeeping, inter‐personal skills, ability to work under pressure, whilst remaining patient and calm when dealing with partners and colleagues.
- A flexible approach in terms of work changes and participation.
- Good team player.
- Ability to complete work independently and take initiative; a self‐starter.
- Willing to learn.
- Good sense of humour, with patience and calmness under pressure.
To apply, please email Benjamin O'Connor with a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements outlined in this job description alongside an up to date CV by 17:00 on 7th September.
Interviews will take place on the week of 10th September.
Holiday 31 days per year including Bank Holidays and three days between Christmas and New Year.
The normal working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday.
It is the policy of One City and The City Centre to treat all employees, visitors, and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union membership status.