Price and Assortment Optimization Manager - UK or Poland
Price and Assortment Optimization Manager
c.200-230K Zloty + Generous benefits & bonus or
£60-65K + Car Allowance + Bonus
Rare and exciting opportunity to take your strong data and analysis skills to this challenging new role in the European team of a major global FMCG business, based in a hub office in Warsaw or Surrey, UK. With a specific remit to lead all price and assortment optimization projects for Europe, you will support the pricing/margin agenda and European growth agenda, defining and conducting Strategic Pricing, Price Pack Architecture (PPA) and assortment analysis and modelling work, this will include advising senior management on short term/tactical and longer term/strategic opportunities as a result of detailed analysis of retail audit, internal financial, consumer needs segmentation data and analytics modelling, as well as other relevant market, brand and competitive data. Your experience will have been gained in an agency or client-side role and could include data analytics, insight or perhaps category management.
Specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Using your skills in Pricing, PPA and Assortment Capability to identify key issues and questions around pricing and range/assortment, proactively engaging with category teams and flagging the scope for further analysis.
- Compiling consumer research reports, pricing studies, elasticity studies, market structure reports, category situational analysis reports, financial reports and Nielsen share reports.
- Conducting situation review analysis to identify business opportunities and develop hypotheses using PPA tools (Mekko charts, Pricing structure, Magic price points, Threshold analysis, SKU Margin Analysis, Quadrant/Bubble charts and Price pack incentive curves) and RichMix/assortment optimization tools.
- Discrete Choice modelling and consumer testing of new pack sizes/formats with conjoint studies to quantify the market size opportunities for new pack sizes.
- Leading Price & Promo studies to gather price elasticities.
- Providing training and sharing new practices and success cases to build awareness, knowledge and usage of PPA and assortment optimization techniques across the business.
- Communicating insights and learning in a compelling way to drive action, ensuring presentations and reports are clear, timely, inspiring and actionable.
This is a role where the specific technical skills detailed above are key to your success. However, over and above these skills, we are looking for someone with a passion for their work and drive for results; an analytical expert with excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and within a team structure spanning a number of geographies.
This highly successful multinational blue-chip FMCG business has a substantial portfolio of household and personal care brands available across the world. It has a strong track record of investing heavily in innovation and support of its brands, identifying new opportunities to inspire and built loyalty amongst its consumer base. The business has a values-led positive, embracing culture, demanding high levels of personal commitment and performance and offering exceptional opportunities for career development in the UK and beyond.
If you are excited by this challenge and have the skills to take on this interesting role, please send your CV and salary details to us now. Contact: Adam Tarsh at firstname.lastname@example.org