You'll be responsible for supporting our outstanding specialists in the Acquisition (paid media) and Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) teams, designers and developers in seamlessly delivering projects across multiple clients. From pitching, planning and ideation through to delivery of campaigns and conversion optimisation, you will help ensure both internal teams and clients are organised and informed at all times and guided through the process, efficiently documenting as you go.
You will seize the opportunity to dive into the world of the brands you work on, ensuring you can develop into a trusted point of contact for clients so that in a team member's absence, the client feels confident their project is still in safe hands.
You will support the team in ensuring the highest quality of work is being delivered out of the agency by using your meticulous eye for detail.
You will be relied upon for your savvy organisational abilities and proactive approach. We're looking for somebody with articulate opinions, can make a positive contribution to our culture, has a real passion for growing client relation skills, and knowledge of digital marketing.
Above all, you excel in building strong and lasting relationships with clients, knowing that an agency's best work is only as good as the way it's presented and communicated.
We need you to do a few things brilliantly
- Communicate clearly and effectively; in person, writing and presenting
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills, including the ability to be flexible to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- A self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to the team and projects
- Be excited about the work and keen to learn
- Highly enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate, eager to learn and develop
- Be proactive, not reactive
What we'd like to see
- 2+ years experience in an agency at Account Executive/Junior Account Manager level, with a proven track record of delivering exceptional client satisfaction
- A good understanding of the digital marketing world, as well as interest in the growth of businesses and what it takes to succeed
- Outstanding communication skills; including experience in helping to prepare and/or present pitches, plus a confidence to engage with internal teams and clients
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to think independently; present ideas and articulate the thinking behind them
- Strong numerical skills
- High proficiency in the Google apps (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides) and the Microsoft Office suite of products
What you'll get from us
- 23 days holiday per year, plus the time off between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home one day per week
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts and free stuff through Perkbox
- Ride To Work scheme
- A tailored career and personal development plan to help you grow and succeed
- An office in the heart of Old Street with delicious coffee, fruit and snacks
- Awesome colleagues who'll help you learn every step of the way
- Monthly team social events
TrueUp is an Equal Opportunities employer.