Junior Marketing Analyst
With a team of approximately 500, Centaur Media is located in Fitzrovia in the vibrant heart of London's West End although we also have offices in New York and Singapore.
Centaur Media creates expert content and insight, engaging events and smart digital technology. From our digital media and iconic print brands to our award-winning events and cutting-edge data products, we enable and inspire the very best performance in a range of selected markets. We create products and services that make content valuable, combining the deepest knowledge with the best user experience.
With industry leading brands, an impressive 35-year history and a relentless focus on our customers, people and in-house creativity, it's an exciting time to join Centaur Media.
We are very proud of our values and live them in everything that we do: creative, ambitious, collaborative and expert. If that sounds like you, then we think you'll fit right in!
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Operations, the Junior Marketing Analyst will play a key role in monitoring the performance of marketing revenue and provide the background for a highly effective, agile and data-driven marketing team to operate.
We are looking for a highly analytical individual to work across the Econsultancy and the Profile Group marketing teams, to assist in defining and implementing measurement strategies to appraise marketing performance, drive customer and audience insight and pro-actively assess data against existing and possible new business objectives.
The role will involve an ability to understand complex data challenges in a 'hands on' way, be able to communicate these ideas with stakeholders, and produce clear, concise materials in the form of reports, dashboards, pivot tables, presentations, etc. The successful applicant will have a strong background in digital marketing and CRM, fantastic analytical skills, be a great problem solver and fast learner.
Previous exposure or understanding of marketing automation would be very advantageous, although not a requisite to apply. An ambitious and curious candidate will grab all the learning opportunities this role has to offer with both hands.
Key Accountabilities for the Successful Junior Marketing Analyst:
- Campaign reporting: Working with each of the marketing managers within the team to understand their individual objectives, the analyst will then co-ordinate the measurement strategy that best fits the campaign, help assign suitable metrics and KPIs and then report back
- Process optimisation: The analyst will be a liaison between the marketing operations team and other parts of the business to ensure processes are followed in a manner that supports the accurate, standardised and timely availability of data. This includes but is not limited to: sales, field marketing, data, Salesforce, IT development, account management and others teams.
- Business analysis: With access to all company data sources, the successful applicant will work on their own through varied analytical tools, with the Centaur data team and with third parties to better understand audience behaviour, product performance, change impacts, conversion optimisation opportunities amongst other projects that require the delivery of insight through deep dive analytical techniques.
- Communication: Central to this role is the ability to communicate well the company's performance to a wide range of stakeholders from team associates through to board level, whether that be spoken, production of presentation materials, or by generating dashboards or data visualisations.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in working within a marketing or business intelligence environment
- Excellent MS Office skills, advanced Excel user
- Inquisitive and proactive approach to understanding data/audiences for commercial results
- Understanding of digital marketing and marketing measurement across a wide variety of possible implementation strategies
- Experience working with web analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe)
- Previous use of data visualisation tools (Tableau, Power BI)
- Previous use of Salesforce.com reports and dashboards
- Understanding of the concepts behind A/B / MVT testing environments
- Experience working in a subscription or SaaS environment with an understanding of subscriber lifecycles would be an advantage
- Previous exposure to marketing automation campaigns, platforms and/or analytics (Marketo would be ideal), although this is not essential.
- Ongoing campaign analysis carried out in conjunction with the marketing team, with campaigns measured, tested and optimised
- Revenue attribution per marketing channel using a multi-attribution model - what is the contribution of each channel to every stage of the marketing funnel
- Identification of opportunities for revenue growth within the target audiences, based on behaviour and profile
- Regular reporting that is actionable and concise