Brand/Marketing Manager - Own Label
JOB TITLE: Brand/Marketing Manager - Own Label
COMPANY: Aston Manor
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000
Aston Manor Cider is the UK's largest independent cider maker, producing over 300 million pints of cider every year, with an annual turnover in excess of £100m. The company is 100% family owned and has invested over £30 million in the last 3 years to ensure the company is positioned for sustainable growth.
We produce our ciders with apples from 1,300 acres of our own orchards across Herefordshire & Worcestershire. They are pressed at our Cider Mill in Stourport-on-Severn and then used to create different styles of cider for all occasions at our production and packaging sites in Tiverton, Devon & Birmingham.
Our brands range from mainstream ciders like Kingstone Press, Crumpton Oaks and Frosty Jack's to award-winning premium ciders such as Friels Vintage and Knights Malvern Gold. We also produce an extensive range of retailer exclusive & own label cider brands for many of the UK's leading retailers.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will need to co-ordinate and develop the Aston Manor Own Label and Exclusive Brand portfolio to ensure the ranges continue to meet customer and consumer expectations - this should be underpinned by the 4 Aston Pillars: Quality, Value, Service and Innovation. You will also be working with key stakeholders to maintain and progress our position as the Own Label cider champion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develop and co-ordinate the internal rolling development plan across a 3 year horizon.
- Prioritise range development (cider, packaging, format, category positioning, commercial) and delivery over the plan horizon.
- Engage key stakeholders to ensure timely execution and delivery of each customer plan within the trading year.
- Externally engage with customer teams to influence the delivery of the own label/exclusive ranges.
- Identify profitable new category growth areas within own label /exclusive ranges to improve profit mix and overall gross profit contribution
- Raise the profile of this key strategic business area as the champion of own label and exclusive brands. Ensure maximum category leverage is achieved both internally and externally across own label and exclusive cider.
The successful candidate for the role should bring the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in ‘own label' and brand marketing
- Experience from a FMCG marketing environment
- Experience delivering across multiple grocery and/or UK discounters
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Ambition in their achievements
- Passionate with a ‘can do attitude'
- Responsible attitude and acts with integrity
- Authentic and sincere
- Great team player
- Commercial awareness
- Customer focus
- Enthusiastic and tenacious
- Supports and challenges ways of working as well as each other
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
At Aston Manor, we know how hard our employees work and what a substantial contribution they make to our business and because of this, we offer the people who join us a very attractive package.
- £35,000 starting salary
- Performance based reviews
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Career progression
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.