Mid-Level Product Designer
Mid-Level Product Designer / Birmingham / £25k - £32k / Permanent
Skills: Product design, Industrial Design, Sketching, Kitchenware, Kitchen Utensil, Consumer Products, FMGC, Solidworks, Keyshot, Product Development, Manufacture.
A great opportunity to join an award winning design led company, who design and develop kitchenware products for some of the biggest brands in the industry. Their growing team is currently looking for a talented and self-motivated Mid-Level Product Designer. Working alongside project development you and your team will be responsible for designing and delivering compelling, high quality products to major high street names. The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques, with working knowledge of mixed materials. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team with great scope for personal and professional development.
THE MID-LEVEL PRODUCT DESIGNER ROLE
- Design and develop innovative kitchenware.
- Contribute to the end to end design development of client briefs and in-house projects.
- Playing a key role in product development and innovation.
- Ideating and producing sketches, visualisations and prototypes, with the ability to design different styled products.
- Dealing with suppliers and manufacturers and should have a good understanding of cost and budgets.
- You should have some commercial awareness.
- Attend and report on trade shows, retailers and ensure designs are customer and trend focused.
- Think creatively with a focus on shape/form, colour and graphics.
- Create artwork, packaging and decorative surface patterns.
- Presenting concepts and mock-ups for Buying, marketing and Sales teams.
ABOUT THE MID-LEVEL PRODUCT DESIGNER
- A degree in a relevant creative discipline. BA / BSc in Product Design, Industrial Design.
- Relevant industry experience. Kitchenware, homeware, FMCG, consumer products.
- A developing portfolio of innovative and creative design work.
- Ambition to take on more responsibility, able to work autonomously with energy and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of Solidworks and Adobe Creative Suite.
- An eye for CMF, Pattern generation, and knowledge of working with mixed materials.