Interior Designer / Furniture Designer
- Full Time
This leading designer and manufacturer of award-winning libraries also create inspiring interiors for bookstores, retail outlets, car showrooms, museums, learning resource centres, washrooms and commercial office interiors.
Their 60,000 sq. ft. head office, factory and showroom is in the heart of the country and their team of highly talented designers and skilled craftsmen using the latest technology create innovative interiors that can dramatically improve their customer's experience.
They are now currently seeking an experienced Interior / Furniture Designer to assist their fast-paced design and manufacturing department. The individual will work on a variety of creative and artistic projects so requires a team player with strong creative skills who is able to design and translate technically with the aid of CAD and SketchUp software. The role will be customer facing from time-to-time presenting initial design drawings.
Person / Experience Required:
- Proven experience in furniture design and interior space planning
- A logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving and designing functional solutions
- Knowledge of joinery, machine cutting, material finishes and working in a workshop environment
- At least 3 years' industry experience in a mixed technical and creative role
- Proficient in 2D/3D CAD and rendering packages such as VectorWorks and AutoCAD
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
Apply for Interior Designer / Furniture Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly