Digital Business Manager
Job Title: Digital Business Manager (London)
Location: East Finchley
A fantastic opportunity to contribute to the success of an iconic global brand making bold steps in the world of digital..
At McDonald's, we're proud of the way we're creating an experience to remember; reaching customers wherever they are and innovating new tastes and choices, while staying true to customer favourites.
Of course, a big part of this is about great-tasting burgers and fries .but we are also on a journey to ever more modern service and sophisticated, personal engagement with our customers. Digital is a crucial part of that journey.
Our Global Digital Team extends from our corporate headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois to all of our major markets. And our International Lead Market (ILM) group, comprising the UK, Australia, Canada, France and Germany, work particularly closely on new capability, innovation and best practice.
As part of the Digital Team based in London, you will work with UK Business Strategy and Insights, Marketing and Communications teams to identify ways in which we can leverage our digital channels to deliver a targeted/personalised experience that will facilitate and elevate customers' experiences with McDonald's and deepen brand affinity.
You will work closely with Global IT to specify requirements and develop product roadmaps. You will also ensure digital purchasing channels bring new products and tastes to our customers' attention; delivering great experience for our customers and value for our Ffranchisees and the wider business.
- Work with marketing teams to identify product enhancements required to deliver future campaigns
- Ensure all digital experiences meet customer needs (using user centred design methods) and are accessible
- Work with creative and digital agencies to ensure content and merchandising is targeted/personalised appropriately
- Develop 3-5 year product roadmaps for at least two digital channels (web, kiosk, app or third party applications)
- Work with the senior digital analyst and digital operations manager to deliver an ‘always on' programme of conversion optimisation across multiple digital platforms
- Working with the legal team to ensure our digital products are legally compliant
- Internal Stakeholders: BSI, Marketing, Communications, Legal, IT
- External Stakeholders: Franchisees and owned restaurants; agencies & suppliers
Knowledge and Experience
- Customer obsessed and committed to continuous improvement driven by data
- Track record of increasing sales through appropriate merchandising and personalisation
- Expertise in UX design and conversion rate optimisation, good knowledge of accessibility
- Great influencing skills and experience in successfully pitching to senior stakeholders
- Strong planning skills; close attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- Good commercial awareness with ability to prioritise competing demands
- Highly resilient and calm under pressure
- Curious about our competition, customers and business
- Genuine ambition to develop functional and behavioural knowledge and skills
- BA/BSc degree, ideally in a digitally relevant discipline
- Experience with working with non-digital teams such as marketing, communications, legal and IT
- Day-to-day 3rd party supplier management (e.g. content management, creative agencies or analytics partners)
- Experience delivering into either a retail or dealer/franchise network
- Experience of omnichannel digital capabilities and 360 view of the customer