1 day left
- Full Time
Position: Design Manager
Our client based in Wiltshire are looking to add a Design Manager to their team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role for an in-house design team in a growing, ambitious business. You will lead a multidisciplinary design team, providing support to the product design and 3D visualisation teams. The role will be challenging, varied and exciting, and suited to someone with a creative yet analytical mind that is comfortable managing products through the full product lifecycle.
- Research current design trends, client preference and undertake competitor analysis
- Work with the senior management team to establish and take responsibility for the implementation of new product development and launch
- Undertake intensive and thorough commercial reviews of all new product lines with key stakeholders in the business
- Lead, line manage and motivate the Product Design and Artwork teams
- Responsible for the full product life cycle from concept generation through to marketing and launch, including all the relevant stages in between
- Ensure all products are compliant with the relevant test standards, including project managing external test procedures.
Skills, knowledge and competencies:
- The ability to manage the delivery of a number of complex projects simultaneously, thriving under pressure.
- The ability to bring BIG ideas to the table, on time, ensuring we maintain our market leading, award-winning reputation.
- An innovative, creative thinker with enthusiasm in abundance and a desire to go one better and every day.
- Commercially aware with a good understanding and acceptance of the business of product design.
- A wealth of materials and industrial manufacturing process knowledge.
Information Technology Skills Required:
- Computer Aided Design: Solid Edge or Solid Works & ideally 3D Studio Max
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat)
- Office: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point & Project
Education and Training:
- BA / BSc Hons Degree qualified in Industrial Design / Product Design or equivalent and a track record in technical product design.
- Fully creative, IT literate and confident in dynamically project managing all that is encompassed in the product design process.
Please make sure that your full address and details are included in your application for this role.
Apply for Design Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly