- Full Time
Marketing Executive :
Based : Leeds
Salary : Competitive
Better Placed are delighted to be working in partnership with First Group, the leading transport operator in the UK and North America with revenues in excess of £6bn and a worldwide passenger count of 2.4bn. Sitting within the First Bus team, who deliver thousands of vital bus services to local communities including over 40 of the UK's largest towns and cities, this Marketing Executive position will offer the successful candidate a varied and exciting role within a fast paced marketing function.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to work with the central UK Bus Marketing team to help develop and deliver the national marketing plan and assist the Opco deliver their local marketing plans in line with the national governance framework. You will be responsible for delivering end to end marketing campaigns across the full marketing mix that you are allocated as well as providing general support to the wider divisional commercial team.
- Support the Head of Marketing in executing the annual plans as well as any ad-hoc projects, ensuring campaigns focus on core messages to deliver growth.
- Work with the central UK Bus marketing team to input into the development of national campaigns and activate them locally with opcos.
- Write marketing briefs to deliver to marketing agencies
- Create media plans designed to meet campaign objectives within budget constraints
- Manage creative development and approval process for allocated marketing campaigns
- Work alongside PR and internal communications where relevant
- Facilitate campaign measurement and analysis of all projects undertaken
- Be responsible for raising of POs and controlling budget of allocated projects as agreed with the Head Of Marketing
- With support of the wider divisional commercial team, be the local custodian of the brand, ensuring governance is applied where required
- Provide marketing support and materials for wider members of the Bus Division as and when required.
- Help manage the online (website, app and social) content across the company's digital channels where appropriate
- Undertake any other duties or projects as directed by your line manager such as research projects
- Assist where required with general office administration
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Experience of delivering integrated marketing campaigns with a track record of delivering commercial returns
- Experience of compiling complex media plans including knowledge of digital media channels
- Experience of using a CMS system to deliver web content
- Approachable and a strong team player
- Experience of designing high quality impactful marketing collateral to drive consumer behaviour change
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Confident communicator at all levels including good presentation writing skills
- Outstanding project management and organisation skills
- Experience of proofreading and excellent attention to detail
- Customer focussed, inquisitive and confident to challenge the status quo
- Understanding of the principles of market research
- Understanding the principles of CRM and a data led approach
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint to communicate plans and results across the business.
- Experience of using Hootsuite or similar social media platform advantageous
- Basic understanding of Google analytics
Interested candidates in the first instance should either call Dean Bartle or Beth Rollins at Betterplaced on 0113 2364040 or apply through this ad with a copy of their CV .
Ref : BR26600
Apply for Marketing Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly