Nelsons is the UK's largest manufacturer of natural Healthcare products.
Our brands are appreciated and sold all around the world. They are made with the same care and attention they have been since 1860. Through our ever-growing range of brands including Rescue Remedies, Bach Flower Essences and SPATONE, millions of people will enjoy naturally healthier and happier lives.
The key priority of the Artworker is to support the Artwork Manager in their responsibilities to deliver the artworks for the global Nelsons business product portfolio. This includes working across multiple markets in multiple languages, from artwork origination through to completion. The Artworker will help ensure that all artworks are completed to print ready specifications, ensuring executional excellence.
Nelsons premium product portfolio uses the full range of printing processes on a diverse range of substrates.
- Support the Artwork Manager in the Artwork Process, including reprographic elements, working with key internal stakeholders, external suppliers and service providers.
- Influence key stakeholders and suppliers, ensuring they operate within the defined SOP and Artwork Management System and ensure artworks adhere to regulatory and technical specifications.
- Support the Artwork Manager in print pre-production meetings, managing reprographic services, suppliers & attending first press passes (Europe only).
- Work with the Artwork Manager to prioritise and manage timelines across multiple projects, ensuring artworks are delivered on time and to expectations.
- Support the Artwork Manager in the coordination of all reprographics services and manage any external suppliers to ensure executional excellence
- Manage colour standards for printed packaging materials.
- Support Global and Local Brand Managers with Artwork requests.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request
- English and Maths to GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Diploma in Packaging from the Institute Of Packaging
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Skills / Experience
- 2+ years relevant experience in Pharma, Health & Beauty or FMCG
- Core understanding of artwork, print and reprographics
- Strong Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Core understanding of packaging technology and packaging materials
- Core understanding of technical administration
- Project management experience desired
- Excellent attention to detail
- A motivated self-starter with ability to use own initiative
- Well organised and ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- IT literate in MS Office packages including, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and develop workable solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external contacts
- Flexible approach to work and tasks