A dynamic design studio based near the south coast is seeking to appoint an experienced design manager with an interior designer background to join their team in an on-site role based in central London. This position is a 12+ month fixed contract, and has the potential to extend across additional upcoming projects. Having experience managing large scale commercial or healthcare projects will be looked upon favourably, and there is the potential for this position to be based on a four-day week basis.
- Arrange coordination workshops with the sub-contractors as appropriate; document actions and monitor progress.
- Minute on-site meetings so that everyone understands what is required of them and the impact their works have on others.
- Ensure that all details of the interior designer and architect's design are communicated to the relevant parties.
- Pro-actively identify any potential coordination issues that the site team can confidently build.
- Request information from the design team and sub-contractors to ensure programme is met.
- Report to the client on the week's events and forthcoming works.
- Assist the contractor with any products/finishes that have procurement issues and propose to the architect.
- Meet regularly with the contractor to discuss programme.
- Review all shop drawings and provide comments before issuing to designers and architects for final approval.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience across large scale commercial / healthcare projects.
- Strong design background and a great attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate with all trades, contractors and designers.
- Ability to problem solve and provide creative solutions to on-site issues.
- Strong client facing ability.
- Ability to work autonomously on-site and proactively drive project delivery.
If you're a design manager with an interiors background who enjoys managing projects on site and thrives in taking the lead in ensuring that design intent is delivered, please apply with your CV and professional portfolio.