Commercial Marketing Executive
Commercial Marketing Executive
To £32,000 + benefits
Based: Central London
A wonderful opportunity to work on a portfolio of high profile and well-respected brands in the Food and Drink retail world.
In this role you'll be responsible for the execution of the commercial plan for a brand or small portfolio of brands, supporting the delivery of EBITDA growth from like-for-like sales and gross margin improvement.
This is a great opportunity for a graduate with a few years' experience, looking for your second job. You may be in a similar commercial, buying or assistant brand management role at present, in a retail, FMCG or hospitality business and will be looking for a step up to take on more accountability and responsibility. You will need to be self-confident, numbers-focused in your approach and capable of managing multiple projects for this challenging and exciting role in a fast-paced and energetic business.
• Maintain brand support material for the brand or brands, including brand standards, point of sale catalogues, brand templates, equipment lists, product lists, price bands, and local marketing
• Support the delivery of range, pricing and POS for new openings
• Prepare and submit marketing briefs to the Group Marketing Services team
• Track progress of briefs and ensure delivery to time and budget
• Ensure successful implementation of projects through operational teams
• Monitor compliance of commercial and competitor activity through site visits, recognising opportunities and recommending feedback to relevant stakeholders
• Liaise with relevant teams to ensure availability of products and maintenance of stock levels at sites and central distribution to agreed targets
• Forecast deliverables for new initiatives
• Respond to ad hoc brand queries from operational, and cross functional teams
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Some experience of using price, range, display and space, upselling, margin or category optimisation to deliver commercial results
• Knowledge of external trends in the food and beverage and/or grocery industry
• Good understanding of operational reality i.e. an understanding of waste management and minimisation, labour planning and optimisation, equipment, space and layout etc.
• Proficient user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and brand and category management systems
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Flexible and adaptable approach
• Ability to work at pace and effectively prioritise competing demands on time
Desirable skills / personal attributes
• Analytical and commercial
• Good attention to detail
In a convenient central London location, this business is the number one operator of food and beverage brands in travel locations worldwide, with over 60 years' experience in creating finest bars, cafés and restaurants in the travel sector.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment and have significant marketing recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management and insight / research specialists. If you would like to discuss this role, or any other roles that might be suitable, please e-mail or call one of the team now.