Global Integrated Marcomms Manager
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
What is the role
Ambitions for the Shell Retail brand are high with a focus on both fuels and convenience retail products and services. Customer centricity and a real understanding of customer journeys will be at the heart of the work we do. While integration is fundamental, Digital (in its various guises) has been identified as a key lever for growth to meet Shell's long-term ambitions.
This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for identifying and delivering the approach to meet business and communications objectives. You'll work at a Global level, in an integrated capacity, responsible for all assets in campaigns across the full mix of touch points with the customer. Your responsibility includes development of these assets with lead local markets to ensure they are fit for purpose and value driving. You will be creative, innovative, and ROI-driven, and have strong project management skills with a proven track record of driving projects from inception through to successful completion.
What are the responsibilities
1. Support realisation of Shell's marketing strategy for Retail- Identify how the business should approach communications, identifying how each platform and touchpoint should be optimized to drive brand consideration, purchase intent and lead generation
- Present to, onboard and work with local markets to roll out a comms approach, localizing the global framework based on business needs, ensuring measurement is in place to monitor and measure performance; using these local deployments as case studies to roll out the approach at scale
- Be the comms lead for development of content and asset requirements for all channels for global advertising campaigns; working closely with the Media, PR and CRM leads
- Act as the focal point within the team leading our relationships with the brand and business, engaging channel leads and other stakeholders as appropriate
2. Demonstrate how we bridge the gap between on- and off-line to optimise customer journeys
3. Support local markets to implement activation within global communications toolkits, and provide support for continuous optimisation and improvement based on local objectives.
4. Manage agencies to deliver excellent strategies and creative based on your insightful briefs
What we need from you
- Working in a Global corporate requires cultural sensitivity and organised but flexible ways of working
- Comfortable presenting to groups both face to face and on conference call
- Ability to influence and manage a complex stakeholder environment
- An understanding of retail audiences and how they can and should be reached and communicated with. Being able to make creative decisions, not just functional ones
- The ability to shift from strategic to creative to project management mode as needed throughout the lifecycle of a project
- A knowledge of campaign development across channels and media
- Knowledge of content development including moving image, articles and, if possible editorial processes
- Be digitally savvy enough to know what is possible, but be able to communicate the possibilities (and process and constraints) to an audience that is not digitally savvy
- The ability to manage both short term and long-term projects and planning
- Team player, work hard/play hard philosophy. It's a really fun team!
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach.
Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.
No. of Positions
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Agency calls not appreciated.