Junior Workplace Designer
This is an opportunity for a junior designer to join a practice famed for its, culture, projects and its focus on development of their designers. The practice has projects of 300K to 1.2 million; though the size and cost may vary, the common thread is a commitment to engaging spaces. The practice rewards their designers for their achievements; this comes through promotions, pay increases and investment in the individual.
- Assisting the Project Lead and Director at all stages of the design process
- Contributing to the concept development of a project and supporting this with sketching and imagery
- Being conscious of budgetary restrictions when designing
- Tweaking existing information (plans/drawings/visuals)
- Going out sourcing materials throughout London.
- Compiling mood and concept boards.
- Speaking/meeting with various suppliers, manufacturers, tradespeople to understand their product, costs, obtaining samples, swatches, etc.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate at all levels in a variety of settings including a corporate environment and construction environments.
- The successful candidate must be technically minded with a positive can-do attitude.
- The individual must be highly organised, adaptable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be committed to completing tasks and following through.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with the assigned team,
The successful candidate will be given the chance to grow in the studio. They want to give their designers to the room to pursue their own development. Demonstrable experience of professional work is required.
Apply for Junior Workplace Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly