Digital Product Manager
Digital Product Manager
- A real impact opportunity for a talented Digital Product / Propositions Manager
- Make a meaningful contribution working for an Education provider
About Our Client
Hodder Education Group, one of the UK's largest education publishers and part of Hachette UK, work with schools and colleges, expert authors and awarding to create quality print and digital resources, including Dynamic Learning which is used by thousands of schools. They also provide CPD training and student revision events to help equip everyone with the skills they need to progress and succeed. They support teaching and learning throughout the world, providing coverage for KS3, GCSE, IGCSE, IB and A level alongside numerous vocational qualifications. They also create specific resources for international markets including the Caribbean and Singapore.
Customers are at the very centre of their focus. The partners they choose to work with, the authors they commission and the awarding organisations they partner with combine to bring innovation, quality and resources that that customers can trust and rely on, be it as a student, a teacher or a parent.
With Digital transformation creating ongoing opportunities to enhance learning experiences Hodder Education are committed to providing first rate digital learning platforms for the current and future generations of learners. The company is the two-time winner of the British Book Industry Awards and on both occasions the judges commented on the energy and dynamism evident within Hodder Education, making it "obviously a great place to work" whilst being "formidable in the digital space".
This newly created role will report to the Group Marketing Director and will have responsibility to lead a cross-functional team of people, ensuring a strong team culture, sustainable high performance and effective ways of working are in place. Taking ownership of a new digital learning platform, from concept to a successful launch in 2019/20, this individual will be the voice of the customer, using market feedback and requirements to help shape new developments and improvements.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs now and in future, and shape how they can best be met
- Build and maintain a detailed understanding of the competitive market environment; to ensure the new platform maintains a competitive edge
- Lead the cross-functional project team, ensuring a strong team culture, sustainable high performance and effective ways of working are in place
- Market test new ideas and developments at each stage to ensure they meet customer needs appropriately and feed this back to the digital committee plus relevant teams such as marketing, digital, project and working group. Where appropriate communicate key findings to the wider business.
- Ensure that the team prioritises work appropriately to maintain delivery milestones
- Ensure that the ecommerce sites are working effectively for customers, are customer focused and are delivering simple trial and purchase options
- Work effectively with stakeholders across Hodder Education Group, communicating internally and externally how the vision is being delivered
- Plan a costed and prioritised schedule of work, liaising closely with the digital team, for approval by the digital steering committee
- Manage analytics reporting effectively - ensuring reports are run accurately and regularly and that key findings and resulting actions are communicated
The Successful Applicant:
- Understanding of and track record in Digital Product / Proposition Management and Development
- Strong stakeholder Management skills (for example, a cross-functional agile team, an author team, a project team within a matrix structure)
- Comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of gaining customer feedback via a variety of methods, processes and approaches and translating it into user stories for development in a commercial context
- Commercially aware
- Versatile and able to work across a combination of markets (secondary, primary, International and vocational)
- Education sector understanding desirable but not essential
- Cultural / Behaviour fit - good interpersonal skill, a good listener, able to present with gravitas and authority. Bright and engaging.
What's on Offer
Salary commensurate with level or role and experience.
First rate opportunity to work with a leading subsidiary of a dynamic publisher,
Excellent package including a host of progressive benefits from subsidised cafe, discounted book scheme, rent and season ticket loan schemes and shared parental leave to name a few.
Ref Code: MP13916521Z