Product Designer / Furniture Designer
Established early in the 1900s and recently rebranded, this company has a long history of producing high quality commercial furniture for the workplace on the same site for over 110 years.
With a busy design and engineering team they are now seeking a designer who is enthusiastic, creative and with an eye for detail. This individual will work closely with the sales team to assist with turning enquiries into concept drawings and designs that can be costed before gaining the client's approval.
The successful applicant will be responsible for detailing standard, tailored and bespoke products for customer approval and manufacture. This will involve liaising with customers, sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure all solutions are in order, to secure future projects, the applicant will also liaise with the Sales Team to generate CAD models, space plans, 2D drawings and concept imagery in response to their customers' specific requirements.
Person / Experience Required:
- 2+ years' experience from the furniture / interiors sector
- Furniture or Product Design degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good concept design and 3D modelling abilities
- A high level of initiative and organisational ability would be expected with good interpersonal skills
- A good working knowledge of SolidWorks will be needed, with AutoCAD and 3D Studio an advantage although not essential
Apply for Product Designer / Furniture Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly