Design Studio Manager
Award winning Brand Communications agency is looking for a Design Studio Manager to join their exciting and rapidly expanding creative team. The role will play a crucial role in both the first-class client work they produce, but also be an active part of the community which forms the organisation. They work across a variety of clients including Brand, Tech, Digital, Healthcare and Finance.
The Design Studio Manager is responsible for managing and planning the work flow of a team of 8 designers across a variety of assignments that includes traditional design and digital design along with commissioning work from preferred suppliers, such as photographers and illustrators, ensuring jobs are produced on time, within budget and are of a very high quality. Role of Design Studio Manager is pivotal as it involves interactions across the total business. Role will also require working as an integrated member of the London resourcing team, supporting the resourcing process and proactively suggesting ideas for improving our process.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the day to day efficient running of the studio
- Conduct a weekly team meeting to run through booked projects for the week & discuss outstanding projects with each designer.
- Create and maintain workflow reports and planners to track all assignments and budgets, making sure the status of each project and relevant teams are kept updated.
- Help to find the best external suppliers and freelancers and negotiate costs.
- Be proactive in recognising opportunities and assigning the correct person (e.g. high value work to stay in house when possible, low value or commoditised work to be undertaken by cost efficient supplier or junior resource) or supplier to the business.
- Attend project briefing meetings with internal teams to determine scope of work
- Working with Head of Creative and Design to plan and manage schedules and budgets for client and new business teams, for approval.
- Managing multiple projects at one time and being the first point of contact for all briefs from the account teams.
- Proofing print documents and sending final documents to preferred print suppliers.
- Meeting new potential external suppliers & current suppliers to discuss capabilities & new business/supplier options.
Commercial and Financial Management:
- Work with suppliers and ensure that goods and services are delivered to the agreed time and
- Demonstrate an understanding of current business performance and future plans, focus efforts on business objectives and adding value.
- Process POs and invoices, both internal and external.
Client Service and Satisfaction:
- Deal with client requests professionally and promptly
- Maintain an understanding of the agency's clients and their sectors.
- Keep a design portfolio updated and be willing to present this in-front of the agency or clients.
With the following fundamentals:
- Proven experience in either resource/traffic/studio or project management.
- Solid budget and finance experience.
- Effective project management skills and the ability to prioritise well and work to short deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Competent with MS Excel, Google docs and Powerpoint.
- Strong communicator, confident and personable.
- Knowledge of the Adobe CC Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Design and print processes.