CONCEPTUAL DESIGNER x2
Led by our CMO (ex global CMO of Pepsi and Buzzfeed,) BlackRock is defining a bold, category busting Brand Purpose and upskilling its talented internal global creative agency/studio, as it redefines what marketing in the financial sector can be.
The firm's marketing comms will be at the leading edge in their creativity, design innovation and effectiveness, so we're looking for a talented, experienced cconcetptual designer to join our internal global creative team, based in central London.
We're offer advanced work/life balance policies including no maximum limit paid leave policy, no dress code and flexible working from home.
BlackRock is the No1 firm in our industry in the Fortune annual survey of Most Admired Companies.
- Mid-weight/senior art director/agency creative/designer to invent innovative, remarkable and engaging creative ideas for high profile conferences, product launches, presentations, web content, ads, videos, DM and marketing material.
- Ability to create ad-agency-quality Big Ideas that entice the target audience, amaze and delight our clients and stand us apart from our competitors.
- You will be able to hands-on bring these Big Ideas to life in bold, new and engaging ways across multiple audience touchpoints, working with producers and suppliers.
- This is not just graphic design or visual styling, we need a creative thinker with flair and imagination, an IDEAS person with a nose for marketing communications and an understanding of audience profiling and insight-based campaigns.
- You will demonstrate an impressive conceptual creative thinking and ability to produce original ideas that communicate the benefits of a brand or product.
- You will be strategic in your thinking, able to organize your thoughts and develop plans to suit the expectations of the client.
- Ability to write copy or create compelling straplines an advantage
- Agency experience an advantage, esp experiential marketing agency experience, designing memorable and immersive physical environments for client events.
- Visual storytelling, turning complex content into simple, beautiful, visual stories.
- If you can confidently answer the following, then we'd love to meet you:
- How do we communicate BlackRock's analytical prowess combined with its human approachability in a single, fresh and contemporary look and feel across web, video and live experience?
- The value proposition for a product launch is “Sustainable investing means doing well while doing what's right” - what is the strapline or big idea for video of a $1m-budget conference? What's the smart, memorable graphic idea that communicates this?
- The concept is “Financial Wellness For All”; what does the campaign look like? What innovative techniques can we deploy to amaze, delight and create unparalleled user-engagement? What's the ad and the ‘must-open' physical DM? The online game, the 3D interactive projection for the live experience, the branded giveaway?
- Exceptional and inventive design skills: a storyteller mindset who generates the big idea themselves, not just executing someone else's.
- Min 5-10 years' experience in agency or high quality internal studio.
- Standout portfolio of work and evidence of being author of the idea, not just executing the design.
- Undergraduate degree in art direction, design etc.
- Power user of Adobe Creative Suite.
- ‘Second string' skills (eg film, editing, 3D packages, photography, etc) an advantage.
- Understanding of financial services an advantage but not pre-requisite.
- Dynamic and driven collaborator.
- Innovative and creative in approach.
- Proactivity and initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other creative team members.
- Quick learner.
- No fear of deadlines and a calm, cheerful and can-do demeanour under pressure.
- First class interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to articulately discuss strategy and confidently ‘sell' creative concepts to senior partners.