Category Development Executive
Category Development Executive
- Are you a category/data agency candidate looking for your next progressive step?
- Are you passionate about making an impact in the world of beauty brands?
About Our Client
Godrej UK (www.godrejuk.com) is a fast growing UK based FMCG Company primarily operating in the Health and Beauty space. It sits under the umbrella of the Godrej Group, and is part of its FMCG business - Godrej Consumer Products Limited (GCPL). In the UK, based out of Hounslow, they are an ambitious business with a current turnover of about £53 million, having grown to double their size in the last 4 years. They own a strong product and brand portfolio consisting of Cuticura, Soft & Gentle, Provoke and Inecto and are also distributors for Bio Oil, P20 and Perspirex in the UK.
Their culture is shaped by their values and they offer a working experience that appreciates the individual, invests in people and makes work enjoyable. There is a sense of belonging within the team; a family spirit and a keen desire to collaborate and grow. Godrej are a truly diverse team, having the customer at the heart of everything they do!
Godrej employees have a hunger to learn and improve and they nurture these attributes and work with them to reach their full potential by offering various avenues for their growth and development. Godrej value people who have the tenacity to see a project through from start to finish, motivate fellow colleagues with adaptive leadership skills and foster collaboration when working as part of a team.
The individual will work with the National Account Managers and Consumer Marketing team to maximise range, space and display of their brands in key retailers/wholesalers using best practise in Category Management.
The individual needs to possess good communication skills to build relationships and present their work (Both internally and externally). The individual will also use persuasion techniques to help deliver ideas and recommendation both internally and to external trade customers.
Supporting the Category Manager, the individual will play a key part in developing and delivering compelling category insights and recommendations which drive sustainable growth for the mutual benefit of the business and key external customers. The role will also manage the ongoing downloading and manipulation of multi-source data including IRI (Plus Suite), KANTAR (World Panel Online), Brandview and Retailer B2B data into a structured format suitable for further analysis. In addition, they will analyse assembled data in order to summarise and track market performance and consumer and market trends and produce monthly market reports summarising category, retailer and the business performance.
Support the Category Manager in driving Category Management in Godrej UK. You will be accountable for driving Category recommendations for Godrej UK though analysis, insight and actionable recommendations from Market, Consumer, Shopper and Customer data.
- Build category selling stories and deliver recommendations in customer meetings (with the Sales Account Managers) to execute NPD, protect our current listing, and optimise distribution & on-shelf merchandising presence
- Flexibility to work across Key Channel Accounts, our Distributor Partners and Export Team
- Present face to face Category based opportunities to Retailer Trading Teams
- Ensure capture & visibility of Range Reviews
Market Tracking & Insight Provision:
- Ensure monthly Market Tracker is completed by Agencies and internal sources for distribution against set deadlines
- Ensure Category Snapshot reports are populated and distributed internally
- Update and reporting of Sales Fundamentals Tracker
- Market sales performance input to NPD KPI trackers
- Collation and centralise capture of Industry, Market and competitor intelligence
Retailer B2B Portals:
- Identification of issues and opportunities from Retailer B2B Portals (E.g. Boots Rsi, Tesco Link, Asda Retail Link, Sainsbury's Horizon, Morrison MSD etc.)
- Undertake weekly performance analysis of our brands in select key retailer customer providing insight and recommendation to the National Account Managers on any risks and opportunities identified
Market Measurement Data Management:
- Responsible for supporting the Category Manager in regular data provision tasks
- When applicable, ensure New Product Placements are correctly coded and actioned by agencies
Projects & Ad-hoc:
- Projects where Category input required
- Flexibility to accommodate urgent & important ad-hoc requests
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent, preferably in maths, economics or business studies
- Minimum 2 years' experience working at a manufacturer/consumer goods business, retailer or market research agency in a Category or analyst/analytical role.
- Experience of working in or with sales, trade marketing and category management is desirable
- Face to face meeting experience with Trade Retailers and or Wholesalers is desirable
- Competent in using Microsoft suite of software, however advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are essential
- Experience in Database interrogation, ideally using Market Research data sources (I.E. IRI, Kantar, Nielsen, Brandview etc.). Being able to manipulate data at a granular level is essential
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence
- Willing & able to travel to customers head offices when & where required
- Overnight stays for meetings may be required and need to accommodate
What's on Offer
There is a competitive package on offer for the successful applicant with an impressive benefits scheme in addition.
Ref Code: MPMI13905551Z