Junior Designer (Digital)
Much loved book retailer has an exciting opportunity for a junior-midweight designer/art director to join their digital/e-commerce team in Central London (West End)
The Mid-Weight Digital Designer will be taking digital, ECRM and social campaign projects from brief to completion. The role will be required to provide new ideas and creativity and will be able to manage the day-to-day running of digital campaigns - working within specified timeframes.
Reporting to the Senior E-commerce Designer you will also be instrumental in driving forward the overarching online brand look and feel and pushing our ambitions forward, through an exciting period of site enhancements.
- A Bachelor's degree and 2+ years digitally focused e-commerce experience
- Ability to create and manage original, impactful, persuasive and conceptually compelling work for digital campaigns and experiences
- Possess not just exceptional art direction skills but the ability to implement e-commerce focused strategic thinking, based on tracked results
- A portfolio showcasing online art direction and multi-platform digital design execution, including mood boards, rough sketches and mocks ups, image manipulation, typography, animated GIFS
- Confident communicator and versed in brainstorming and presenting ideas
- A critical technical mindset across responsive and mobile first design, creating UI designs that align with UX actualities
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch is an advantageous
- Basic Photography - an eye for and an interest in this is a must!
- Experience in mentoring a Jnr Designer advantageous
- Motion and video skills using After Effects is advantageous
- Wire-framing and prototyping experience advantageous
- User research and mapping analysis experience advantageous
- Can do, self-starting attitude and troubleshooting ability
- Embrace challenges and inspires new ways of thinking without being prompted
- You have a breadth of cultural reference points and take inspiration from wherever you can
- Sets achievable expectations, but high standards for delivery whilst managing multiple projects
- Actively looks to develop themselves on the job, and in their own time
- Willingness and openness, sharing expertise in order to mentor others
Genuine, approachable, hardworking team players with a passion for what they do