- Full Time
As a Barclays Lead Digital Designer, you will be helping to make banking a more enjoyable and less stressful experience for our millions of customers every day. You will have the opportunity to work with key stakeholders across the business, to leverage expertise in customer insight, technology and product to rapidly develop and progress innovative ideas and solutions to meet our customer needs.
Working from our Head Office in Canary Wharf, you will join us at an exciting time as we drive change in the market to become the digital leader and 'go-to' bank. We are investing in our employees now in order to support our international business through a period of significant growth over the next two to three years.
The Design team provides Barclays with market-changing leadership in the Design and Digital product innovation and development arena, and drives the transformation and strategic integration of a global innovation platform.
As a Lead Digital Designer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Being a front end designer, taking ownership of driving innovative ideas to keep the Digital Design team at the forefront of digital design
- Bringing the latest product, service and graphic design thinking and applying it to the unique circumstances of Barclays, including developing new patterns and behaviours in user interfaces
- Developing and owning the strategy for the Experience Design team at Barclays to ensure we are positioned to confront the changes and developments in banking and user interfaces in the coming 2-5 years
- Working with a broad set of stakeholders to develop journeys, services and experiences, including developing a variety of outputs including blueprints, customer journeys, prototypes, and digital assets.
As a Lead Digital Designer, your skills and qualifications will include:
- A genuine passion for digital experiences and design from product to typography
- A strong understanding of how to create designs that customers love to use with experience of design for digital and product design, including mobile applications
- Previous experience of designing and launching mobile applications for at least one of the following platforms; iOS, Windows or Android
- Previous experience of designing web based experiences
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.