Social Media Executive
At Zopa, we're shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we've been in business, we've helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey's only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
The Brand and Marketing team
We are responsible for building the Zopa brand in a creative and consistent way. Putting customers at the heart of all we do, we create and execute marketing strategies, plans and communications which contribute to making Zopa the recognised ‘best place for money'.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Social Media Executive will be responsible for activating our brand strategy across social media in a way that builds audience and engagement. Working with the wider marketing and the product teams, the Social Media Executive will be responsible for planning and implementing our approach as well as analysing and optimising performance by channel.
The focus will be primarily organic though there will be co-ordination with the media agency when thinking about how paid planning interacts with organic activity.
The successful candidate does not need to have experience of working in financial services but must be willing to learn about our products and be passionate about bringing a fairer approach to customers
- Translating the brand and social media strategy into tangible plans which encompass day to day content, product content and campaign content
- Community management - building and interacting with the community in a way that enhances the brand and which creates strong relationships
- Proactive identification of relevant social trends and conversations which could represent opportunities for the brand to connect
- Effective delivery of the social media plan across channel (content commissioning or creation, scheduling and implementation)
- Working with the media agency to co-ordinate paid social media elements with organic
- Create content and posts which are well targeted to the audience, engaging and on brand
- Monitor, analyse, report on and optimise channel effectiveness and engagement
- Based on channel evolution and industry best practice - proactively suggest opportunities for new approaches and channels where relevant to the business and brand objectives
In order to successfully do this role, we're expecting the Social Media Executive to have the following on their CV:
- Proven experience of having owned planning, execution and measurement of social media across multiple channels for a direct to consumer business
- Proven track record of having originated and created engaging content across social channels
- Proven track record of building audience and engagement across social channels
- Clear examples of driving evolution in the approach to social media within a business (based on industry best practice)
We think the following skills / attributes will be key to success:
Creativity. Good understanding of brand. Happy to be hands-on in idea creation, passionate about ideas, words and design
- Clear reasoning and communication: you should be able to articulate your ideas clearly to people of different experience and at all levels. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and good attention to detail
- Highly collaborative: You should be comfortable working with people across the business in a highly collaborative manner - adapting your style where relevant
- Mindset of constant improvement: you should be passionate about building capability and developing yourself and others. You should be interested in new ideas and ways of doing things
- Results driven: Comfortable analysing and reporting on social media performance using best in class approaches. Able to recommend next steps and commit to them in order to deliver a great outcome. Willing to go the extra mile where needed. Able to work under pressure where needed
- Maturity of judgement: financial services businesses adhere to regulations regarding the type of information we give to customers and how it is presented. You will need to build an excellent understanding of these regulations and exercise sound judgement in adhering to them across all channels.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: Zopa is a fast-growing business which is going through an exciting period of change. You should be comfortable with some ‘unknowns' and relish the chance to shape the future thinking
This role is great for someone who is excited about the challenge of building a brand which has great foundations (Superbrand status, strong NPS, multiple awards for customer service) but also lots of opportunity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.