Junior Designer (Animator/Editor)
The speed read:
This is a great opportunity to work at a busy and successful branding and campaign agency based in Clerkenwell. They are currently seeking a Junior Editor/Animator who is keen to learn but also confident enough to take the initiative. You will support the film team and you will be responsible for editing videos and generating motion graphics for a huge spectrum of clients and brands. You will be fastidious about detail and be passionate about digital media and branded content. You will possess a natural curiosity around social media trends. This position is offered as a 12 month contract with the opportunity for it to migrate to a permanent role. Experience within a brand agency environment is a bonus, but not a prerequisite.
You'll be part of a close-knit team, so you'll need to be a good communicator and have a proactive and friendly demeanour. Your editing skills will mean you are confident in editing various types of content form simple Q&A's to commercial/ident work. From a graphics perspective you will be required to create motion end cards, edit case study films, mood films, animated infographics, motion typography and 3D animation. You will be able to respond to all client notes and edits throughout the approval process. You will be responsible for delivering the final product to the required specifications. You will be highly organised and will be responsible for maintaining the proper file structure and naming conventions allowing for future edits.
- Educated to degree standard OR possess at least 1 year's experience and/or training in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (specifically After Effects & adobe Premiere)
- Creative and able to conceptualise - incorporating current technologies
- Able to grade fllm
- Knowledgeable in the use of AE Plug Ins, (Element 3D, Twitch, Particular etc)
- Aware of, and have some experience in Cinema 4D, Maya, 3D Max ideally
- Discerning about a sophisticated aesthetic, and knowledgeable about current media trends
- Aware of CODEC (ideally)
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines, taking ownership of your tasks and able to follow these through
- An excellent communicator and able to work well within a team
- Potentially experienced in camera/shooting using DSLR (Canon 5D or similar - this is a nice to have, but not essential).
Bright, technically skilled, and a 'can-do' attitude