Head of Sales and Marketing
Head of Sales and Marketing
HF Holidays is a co-operative society owned by its members. It began in 1913 and exists primarily to provide holidays in the great outdoors. Our mission is to provide shared holiday experiences, which inspire friendship, fun and an active enjoyment of the great outdoors. Because we believe that among the things that matter most in today's busy world is an appreciation of natural beauty, a love of the open air, and the joy of fellowship with one another.
We aim to achieve our vision by applying the following values:
Trusted, Collaborative, Exceptional Experiences, Ownership, Inspiring, passionate and fun.
We have an opportunity for a strategic and inspiring Head of Sales and Marketing to join our Leadership Team. You will lead, motivate and engage your team to deliver the annual sales budget through a creative marketing strategy and tactical plan. You will also manage our membership; encompassing recruiting members, communication, determining the membership offering and raising investment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Create, implement and adapt the sales and marketing plan to ensure success
- Lead, motivate and engage the sales and marketing team, the indirect sales team and the digital team
- Together with the Leadership Team take an active strategic and operational role in the wider business
- Be responsible for overseeing the development, content, maintenance, functionality and performance of the HF Holidays website
- Deliver innovative and constantly evolving digital marketing
- Use customer, consumer and sector data, research and insight to inform the development of the HF brand and its communication
- Develop and deliver evolutions in the brand level communication, such as the main brochure and website look, feel and functionality
- Raise brand awareness through PR, awards and partnerships
- Strategic planning and implementation of activity to drive the acquisition of new guests
- Act as a champion of our cultural development and HF values
To be successful in this role you will have significant experience of a fast-paced sales focused environment. You will be able to hit the ground running in both leading the team and creating a great sales plan. You will also be light of foot in changing direction and responding to changes in the sales outlook. Brand marketing will be an essential skill and you will have the vision and creativity to further develop our brand and the marketing activity that follows. Ideally you will have experience of working in a business of our size, most importantly you will be a strategic thinker and someone who will roll up their sleeves and deliver when required. You will need to be able to see the big picture and bring your team with you whilst remaining focused on the detail. Digital marketing experience will be key and you will need a strong understanding of the digital environment and trends.
Your management of the HF membership will be a large part of the role and you will be able to drive an increase in membership numbers as well as overseeing and delivering the membership offer.
You will bring energy, positivity and resilience to the team as well as being able to role model our culture and values, so a natural affinity for our values will be important. You will be an engaging leader and a natural influencer with the ability to create an environment in which your team members can excel. Your relationship building skills will be second to none and you will be used to working collaboratively with colleagues and your team. A passion for the great outdoors will enable you to step into the (walking) shoes of our guests and develop our brand into the future.
Apply for Head of Sales and Marketing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly