Category Manager - On Trade
Category Manager - On Trade
Asahi UK - Woking
Asahi UK is more than just a beer company. We are the leading super premium beer business in the UK, driven through a compelling brand proposition including Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell, our Belgian Abbey beer St. Stefanus and Polish brands Lech and Tyskie. This benefits not only our consumers, but also you, our Category Manager, leading our Super Premium portfolio agenda for our priority customers. You'll create significant customer exposure with a willingness and enthusiasm to travel within the UK and Ireland to deliver strategic initiatives to our six high priority accounts.
By driving insight and influence at head office you'll ensure our portfolios gain a greater share of distribution and gain prime positions on shelves, bar tops and chillers. Our brands will be in your hands and it'll be your job to make them as visible as possible - in the right places, at the right time. Your key responsibilities within the company will include, but won't be limited to:
- Shaping innovative category solutions that drive profitability and availability for the Asahi UK brand portfolio within the UK and Ireland;
- Leading the customer range reviews and category tender process to ensure best practice is instilled and successful outcomes are optimised;
- Managing work flow effectively ensuring all priorities are met whilst maintaining strong working relationships;
- Spotting capability development needs in the business in your areas of expertise, developing solutions to drive capability across the company;
- Representing the needs of the Asahi UK portfolio, delivering this back to our high priority accounts and working in partnership to achieve mutual satisfaction.
Your attitude is key for us. The people who thrive at Asahi UK are individuals who are motivated by challenge, relish an entrepreneurial environment and go beyond the parameters of their job description to deliver exceptional results. In addition to your distinctive drive, you'll have:
- A degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience;
- Fluency with Category Management approach, techniques and tools;
- Experience with On Trade channels or Off Trade experience within the drinks industry;
- Familiarity with key market data sources and tools;
- Demonstrable competence in presenting internally and externally.
At Asahi UK, being just ‘good' is not good enough. We aim to be super premium in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our challenger mind-set and entrepreneurial spirit. By owning what we do and approaching our roles with a pioneering attitude we develop not only ourselves but the business as well. Our people are empowered and have opportunities to lead change. To excel in this role, you'll have a real grasp of the market and seize the opportunity to champion premium every day.
Join us and you'll get a competitive salary and bonus structure, as well as a company contributing pension, medical, dental and life insurance. Not forgetting free parking, a generous lunch allowance, and a personal beer allowance.