Marketing Business Partner
The University of Reading is seeking an experienced and ambitious strategic communication professional.
Come and join us!
You might be looking to enhance your career or further your experience in a new sector. Almost certainly, you will find a role at the University that meets your ambition and fires your imagination. We currently have an opportunity for a Marketing Business Partner in the Marketing, Communication and Engagement (MCE) function.
You will be challenged and supported while working with colleagues who are extending the boundaries of knowledge in planning and strategic communications. If you are experienced and ready to take on complex stakeholder management, strategic planning and marketing operations then we want to hear from you.
It is the role of the Business Partner to provide expert, data-driven, professional marketing strategy and advice. We operate in integrated multi-disciplined teams from across the MCE function to build the University's reputation, brand and profile, and deliver robust, innovative and global campaigns to support student recruitment, fundraising and engagement.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Marketing & Campaigns team. The Marketing Business Partner is a key role and is supported by a Marketing Officer/s. This post will work at a strategic level to build relationships, plan strategic communications and run campaigns to support the University's ambitious strategy; to lead and implement change within the University; and to manage highly-skilled teams in the delivery of innovative communications and campaigns for the School departments. The Marketing Business Partner will also be responsible alongside a dedicated Marketing Officer for supporting and leading marketing and recruitment activity on behalf of the School departments.
• Be highly motivated, astute, strategic and proactive, with a great track record in delivering for high-profile, large and/or complex organisations.
• You will work with energy and confidence and be buzzing with ideas - able to influence and drive our work.
• You will generate innovative solutions to challenges where there may be no clear precedents.
• You must be able to work at pace in a fast-moving environment - able to spot opportunities early to stay ahead of our competitors.
• You will have proven ability to manage teams, projects and resources. You will be able to build and maintain strong networks of internal and external stakeholders.
• And above all, you will be able to help lead change in an exciting time of transformation both for the University as a whole and for Marketing, Communication & Engagement.
• Working directly to the Head of Marketing & Campaigns, you will be responsible for leading, developing and delivering marketing strategies, plans and activities for two - three of the University's Schools and their departments.
• You will ‘account manage' the plans and activities by engaging specialist expertise within and beyond Marketing, Communication & Engagement, as appropriate.
• You will play a key role in working alongside the Heads of School, the Dean and Associate Dean to ensure marketing strategies, plans and activities are realised.
For an informal chat about this role, please contact Karen Smalley, Head of Marketing & Campaigns on email@example.com or 0118 378 3827 or Mike Berger-North, Acting Director of Marketing, Communication & Engagement on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 378 6472