Trade Strategy Manager
Trade Strategy Manager - Competitive Salary - London
Know where Brazil is on the map? Good. Know what a coconut looks likes? Even better! Are you hard-working with a passion for GROWTH and a go-getter personality? YOU’RE HIRED. Well not quite…
Vita Coco, the pioneer in coconut water and the #1 selling coconut water globally, is a passionate, fun-loving brand in one of the world’s fastest growing categories. Beyond its impressive natural hydration and functional benefits, Vita Coco has built a real following in popular culture with celebrities, professional athletes, top-selling musicians, and many more.
Launched in the UK in 2010, the Vita Coco Coconut Water brand has seen exponential growth over the last seven years and in the last three years have launched into the coconut oil and coconut milk categories with Vita Coco Coconut Oil and Vita Coco Coconut Milk. This is a really exciting opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing company and build your career shaping the future trade strategy across product, promotions and pricing.
In a nutshell, you are responsible for:
- Scoping commercial opportunity for NPD across the UK/EMEA region and building launch recommendations/strategies
- Maintaining category promotional ROI disciplines and building recommendations on future promotional/price mechanics across UK/EMEA
- Translating consumer strategy into trade stories and coordinating execution
- Delivering performance scorecards from IRI and non-consolidated data sources
In more detail, this means:
- Supporting the local and global leadership teams on their innovation pipeline, utilising your expertise in local market dynamics to assist assessment of potential NPD launches and also identification of consumer/market trends that could represent portfolio expansion for Vita Coco
- Implementing industry leading promotional evaluation processes across their portfolio and regions, building effective forums for this to be reviewed and proposing strategies to maximise their share, revenue, profitability continuously.
- Working with marketing team on translating their consumer insights / strategy into golden nuggets of trade activation that the account teams can execute excellently and taking these sell stories infront of top tier UK customers
- Being the category voice within the Nut House ensuring all decisions taken have latest category intelligence factored into them
- Maintaining their IRI & Kantar contracts, relationships and databases so the business has all the key data insights at its fingertips - clearly being the expert voice on IRI marketplace trends and supporting the marketing team on owning the penetration/AWOP metrics for their consumers.
- Ensure the business has effective score carding for performance visibility across measured markets, unconsolidated market data and against internal KPIs.
- Deliver ad hoc project support across a breadth of commercial, marketing and operations initiatives designed to progress the business
Specific knowledge, qualifications, skills & experience required:
- Ultimately, Vita Coco are looking for someone ambitious, who is willing to roll up their sleeves and tackle this challenge head on. Could that be you?
- At least 2 years experience working in the FMCG environment with a working knowledge of the drinks sector and key players in the reseller/retail world
- Experience in developing or tailoring new product launch recommendations grounded in commercial reality
- The company are focused on sustainable, profitable growth - this requires a solid understanding of P&L workings and a track record of understanding how to intertwine a customer P&L with a VC P&L to delivery maximum profit against volume growth
- High technical capability across IRI / Kantar, exceptional numerical acumen and expert user at Excel & PowerPoint
- And of course a love of all things coconuts!