Design Director/Head of Design
George P Johnson is on the hunt for a Design Director/Head of Design to join our thriving, award-winning creative events agency.
This is a key role within our creative department, which exists at a key time for our agency. The role is based at our stunning new Waterloo office site, with the opportunity to travel and to help build and manage a pioneering design team.
You'll have gravitas as a strong leader, and you'll ensure the agency's output is at its best across all of its creative offerings.
The role's absolute requirements:
- Building and managing team of talented and inspiring people
- Working with other department heads to ensure smooth running of the department
- Developing processes in the department and championing those across the business
- Managing workflow, briefing and managing designers
- Presenting work to the business and clients
- Building lines of communication with the production department to ensure smooth running of projects
- Signing off of all design/action briefs and informing timings
- Ensuring consistency of work and making sure all work is to a standard expected of GPJ
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers to ensure we are collaboratively working
Skills to bring to the table at GPJ:
- Strong management skills with the ability to work in a demanding and changing environment
- Awesome communication skills
- The ability to perform comfortably with authority and flair in pitches
- The ability to work across multiple large-scale events at any given time alongside smaller experiential activations
- A genuine interest in design and creativity outside of work too
- Solid organisational skills
- Constant strive for producing best in class work
If you have the experience above and are interested to explore this role please let us know why by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/portfolio.