Global Content Manager- Atom Brands
Are you passionate about the power of the pen? Would you like to work on awesome brands, working with a group of passionate marketing evangelists? Well, we may just have your perfect job! We are looking for a natural wordsmith with proven experience as a content writer to be the voice of Atom brands and provide cross-channel content for our extensive portfolio of craft spirits & liqueurs.
This is a hugely exciting chance to be part of a growing drinks business which defies convention and was recently named in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100
Atom Brands is the product development and manufacturing business unit within Atom Group which also includes Maverick Drinks (UK distribution) and Master of Malt (global online retail). Our brands include Ableforth's (Bathtub Gin), That Boutique-y Whisky Co, That Boutique-y Gin Co, The Blended Whisky Co, Origin Single Botanical Gin, The Handmade Cocktail Co, 1897 Quinine Gin and Darkness!
In the last 5 years, our brands have won dozens of global awards (World's Best - Blended Whisky, Blended Malt, Grain Whisky, Liqueur, Gin, Spiced Rum & Pre-mixed Cocktail - many on multiple occasions) regularly triumphing in blind tastings against some of the world's largest and longest-established products from businesses three orders of magnitude larger than ours. This speaks to our no-compromise approach to creation and crafting. We make the best - we don't work backwards from price-points or seek to ‘fill gaps'.
Essentials of the job
1. Develop content strategies that are forward thinking, memorable and engaging.
2. Produce cross-channel content for brands across the Atom brands portfolio, adhering to individual brand and tone of voice, ethos and brand guidelines.
3. Produce creative copy (both factual and persuasive) across all communications including:
○ Website/blog copy
○ Email marketing copy
○ Sales tools including product sell sheets and pitch documents
○ New line forms
○ Awards entry submissions and awards announcements
○ Social media
○ Print/digital advertisements
○ Event literature
○ Marketing materials including brochures, flyers and postcards
○ Tasting notes for portfolio brands
○ Case studies
4. Keep all brand content up to date on all brand and partner sites.
5. Proofread copy for both internal and external stakeholders.
6. Work closely with our ambassadors to learn about our craft spirits portfolio.
7. Attend events to increase your product knowledge to incorporate category trends into engaging campaigns.
8. Assist with the development and briefing of visual assets including graphic design, photography and videography.
9. Take ownership of copy briefs and execute to a high standard.
10. Create and own the content library, ensuring all brand content is up-to-date and readily available for our distributors.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Experience of content writing.
- Native English speaker with grade B or above in English ‘A' level or equivalent international qualification.
- Ability to work fast and accurately to provide memorable, engaging content which stands out from the crowd.
- Proven experience in writing for a brand agency or brand owner.
- Ability to produce high quality content from challenging briefs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage your own day and a fluctuating workload.
- Knowledge of social media skills for business and other digital media channels.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits.
- Experience of using a content management system.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress and Squarespace.
- Basic understanding of HTML.
- Experience in interviewing where required.
- Familiar with the Google Suite of apps.
- Interest and/or affinity with craft spirits, the on-trade and drinks industry.
- Creative writer and natural wordsmith.
- Innovative and original in your approach to content and marketing.
- Excellent attention to detail, and to grammar and punctuation.
- Confident networker, ability to build strong relationships quickly.
- Self starter, ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise, ability to switch between projects and brands seamlessly.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines.
Why work for us?
Well, other than all the usual stuff that any normal company should give pensions, childcare vouchers, cycle2work scheme), we've got...
- Free food
- Endless fancy coffee (George Clooney endorsed)
- A relaxed working environment
- Flexible working
- Working with the most intuitive, fun, and hardworking people you'll ever likely to meet and speak to
Oh! And you get to buy booze at cost price. Just in case that makes a difference.
If you feel that you meet the criteria to be our new Global Content Manager then please apply now and send in your CV and any covering letter via the Apply button.